The Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries, Huronia Historical Parks seeks an experienced and motivated individual to provide agricultural/horticultural and maintenance services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Under the direction of the Manager, Sainte-Marie among the Hurons Operations you will:
- Provide animal care for historic site livestock;
- Provide modern and historic garden services;
- Assist the maintenance team with the maintenance and/or repair of the buildings, grounds and equipment of Huronia Historical Parks at the Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons.
the position will be expected to work on weekends or evenings for special events and to accommodate the seven day/week operation of the historic attraction.
How do I qualify?
Knowledge and Experience:
- You must possess a valid Class 'G' Driver's License or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario.
- You have demonstrated experience in agriculture/horticulture including preparation of garden plans, planting, harvesting, composting, fertilizing, weeding, watering and pest control in order to maintain modern and historic gardens.
- You have experience in general maintenance and construction to assist the maintenance team with the upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment.
- You have demonstrated experience in general animal husbandry (care) including feeding, grooming and health maintenance for site animals (e.g. cattle, pigs, chickens)
- You have experience in the operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment such as trucks, tractors, ATVs, lawn & garden equipment, snow blowers and chain saws
- You are able to interpret and apply relevant sections of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You have effective organizational skills in order to plan work to ensure deadlines are met
- You are able to work in a team environment
1 Temporary, duration up to 9 months, 16164 Hwy 12, Midland, Central Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Maintenance and Trades
Monday, February 24, 2020