Based in the progressive Guildford area of Surrey, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) serves over 4,900 real estate professionals who live and work in the BC communities of North Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Abbotsford, and Mission. We are small enough to be nimble and bold, yet large enough to be able to make a difference. We move fast, sometimes with the flow, sometimes against it but, more often than not, we chart our own path. We foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship, we dream big, we imagine the future, and then we make it happen. Because we can.
We are a long-standing, fiscally sound organization that is serious about the work and actions that we accept to perform for others. With a long tradition of excellence in member services and having celebrated our centennial recently, the FVREB is looking to hire an experienced and exceptionally motivated Manager, Membership Services & Education.
Are you excited already? Then come join us and be a part of our journey!
The IDEAL Candidate:
Right now, we are looking for an exceptionally motivated Manager for our Membership Services & Education department who will enjoy collaborating with multiple constituents, providers, and internal colleagues in the development and delivery of professional development ideas, opportunities, and offerings with a deliberate focus on increasing the number, variety, and aggregate revenue prospect of professional learning offerings and member events.
Having a blended focus on member satisfaction and industry professionalism, the incumbent will be instrumental in serving as a catalyst for excellence in professional development and heightened member experience for our growing membership (4,900+ members).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Effectively develop and direct membership and education operating plans, inclusive of an overarching framework with corresponding processes, monitoring adhesion to their implementation and proper operation.
- Help shape and positively impact organizational objectives while contributing to value-added member benefits, advising and working with other departments in the development and communication of learning and guidance products.
- Oversee Membership and Education strategic, tactical, and operations planning including the assignment of resources and the dedicated reliance on other departments, facilities, and processes in support of the FVREB’s goals and objectives.
- Liaise and negotiate with delegates of other Boards, real estate association(s), and providers in the sharing, development, and delivery of professional learning and member services.
- Communicate, integrate, and enforce the values, positions, policies, and services of the FVREB providing mentorship to organization staff, volunteers, and business partners as circumstances dictate.
- Actively participate in project planning, resource forecasting, scheduling, and decision-making, ensuring also to communicate rationale to implicated stakeholders.
- Investigate and monitor realty-industry trends and practices to inform the FVREB agenda in relation to professional development and member engagement.
- Develop or commission the development of professional learning content, curricula, and learning activities, repurposing also publicly available research and best-practice literature as value-added member service.
- Steward the Membership and Education areas with a view to growing the member experience – both in relation to new initiatives and regarding currently successful activities such as the Conference & Trade Show.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive annual salary – contingent on demonstrated exposure and experience.
- Full benefits package, group insurance, paid vacation, and extensive paid holiday time; Group Pension Plan.
- Great office space with modernization plans in the works.
- A great team with a renewed focus on continuous professional development and career progression.
- The ability to grow with an organization that promises growth and self-actualization and MORE.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience;
- 5+ years of experience in developing and executing successful adult learning initiatives and member service activities;
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory function and 1+ year of management experience, preferably in a member-based organization;
- Demonstrated experience or acumen in learning program design and product mobilization;
- Above-average team coordination, event planning, and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and within teams, self-motivated;
- Positive attitude, ability to adapt to change, and superior sense of accountability and responsibility over assigned objectives, outcomes, and records;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other units/departments, cross-functional teams, and external constituents, ability to develop external partnerships and internal relationships;
- Solid interpersonal and decision-making skills;
- High level of personal and professional integrity; and,
- Experience in the designing of strategic plans and corporate-level policies and procedures, prior experience working with Boards and Committees and the ability to present to, and interact with, larger groups shall be considered as significant assets
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency, or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check. This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role but wish to let you know that we will only be contacting applicants that are aligned with our requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person