Springwall Sleep Products Inc.is one of the largest manufacturers of premium sleep products in Canada. Our reputation for quality, service and innovation is based on vision, performance and most importantly the talents and efforts of our dedicated professionals. We have an opening for a day shift Forklift Operator at our Scoudouc factory. Scoudouc is located approximately 15km from Moncton.
As a Forklift Operator, you will work under the direction of the Production Supervisor.
- Loads and unloads trailers, moves materials to and from storage areas and other locations, supplies materials as required, empties garbage boxes when full, notifies foreman when compactor is full, other…
- Operates his forklift only while in an alert mental state, in a safe and prudent manner, obeying all safety rules and regulations.
- Does not operate the forklift under the influence of alcohol, drugs or against the advice of a doctor (including advice indicated on medication).
- Inspects his forklift each shift before he operates it; reports all unusual conditions.
- Performs required preventive maintenance tasks, including but not limited to cleaning air intake area (radiator) with air and advising when radiator should be pressure washed.
- Informs his Supervisor and/or Maintenance of all discovered unsafe storage area, aisle or forklift or condition that may pose a hazard.
- Able to read and write in French and English
- Able to perform moderate physical activity requiring handling of average-weight objects up to 25kg or standing and/or walking for eight (8) hours per day
- Pro-active individual capable of identifying problems, recommending solutions, and implementing corrective actions either individually or as part of a team.
- Performs other duties as required by the Production Supervisor.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email their resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.90 /hour
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Forklift Operator (Preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging materials as needed
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary