As a Personal Support Worker you will work to optimize client safety and quality of care. You will provide personal care, palliative care, housekeeping and respite services to seniors in their own homes or apartments in a variety of locations and settings.
- Homemaking (e.g. meal preparation, cleaning, laundry etc)
- Personal Care (e.g. personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, medication reminder, transfer, reposition, escort to medical appointments etc)
- Respond to Emergency Response System (Lifeline and mobile phone) calls.
- Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations.
- Personal Support Worker certification or Foreign-trained nurse
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate in a second language is considered an asset
- Physically and emotionally able to perform the duties
- 6 months to one year of experience working with seniors
- Grade 10 education or equivalent
- Current First Aid/CPR Level C Certification
- Current immunization/vaccine record
- Tuberculosis Test (TB test) completed within the last 12 months
- Recent clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (the date of issue must be within the last 6 months)
- Ability to start work right away
- Enjoys working with seniors and is able to contribute to their quality of life by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well-being
(Unionized position under CUPE Local 3808 Collective Agreement)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANES Community Care is an equal opportunity employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require accommodation through the hiring process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)