Building on the strength of over 180 years of experience, The Stevens Company Limited is the largest privately-owned Canadian distributor of hospital, physician and nursing home supplies. Service has been a ruling hallmark of the Company throughout its long history as it has kept pace with the rapid changes and advances in the healthcare industry through responsive and flexible change, anticipating future needs while supplying products that meet its rigorous quality standards. Proffering in excess of 500,000 health and related medical products, The Stevens Company Limited represents many hundreds of suppliers.
We have always emphasized that outstanding people are the key to our success. Through the efforts of our people, The Stevens Company Limited has become a leader in the distribution of medical supplies.
Our core values are behavioural traits that are inherent to our organization. We use these core values to guide every aspect of our work, from hiring and retention, to business strategy and performance management: honesty, integrity, trust, respect, and service for the customer.
We are seeking a full-time Territory Manager to join our team to manage sales for our existing and potential customers in Southern Saskatchewan.
Under the supervision of the Sales Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Territory Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote, sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based, consultative approach;
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to existing and prospective customers;
- Demonstrate products and services independently or with the assistance of a manufacturer partner to existing or potential customers to assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs;
- Educate customers on proper use of supplies and/or equipment;
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with existing and prospective customers as well as manufacturers’ representatives;
- Ensure resolution of customer problems and complaints;
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations independently or with the Quotations team depending on complexity;
- Coordinate sales efforts with customer service, inside sales, quotations, contracts, marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics, service;
- Analyze the territory/markets potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the Company;
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the territory/segment;
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential; and
- Participate in trade shows, conventions, and sales meetings.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in related field (business, health sciences) or comparable industry experience;
- Minimum three (3) years of strong sales experience required;
- Experience in the medical industry would be an asset;
- Ability to support customers with installation and repairs of equipment and trouble-shooting solutions when required;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Able to travel between the Stevens office and customer sites in Southern Saskatchewan up to twenty five percent (25%) of the time;
- Proficient in using a computer, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal);
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Accountable and dependable;
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently;
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality of work;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic; and
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
The position will start as soon as possible.
Kindly forward your resume and cover letter via email.
For more information, please visit our website at www.stevens.ca
The Stevens Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in relation to the materials or processes we use in the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)