At Veser’s, proper farmhouse ice cream means that our happy cows graze the land on our farm, producing truly great milk. We use this milk and cream combined with free range eggs to make the ice cream here on the farm. Each small batch is handmade and combined with only the very best natural, ethically sourced ingredients, using Quebec suppliers wherever possible.
Thomas Veser, passionate about sharing the quality of the family farm’s milk, turned his hand to making ice cream in 2008 and added a specially built little kitchen on the farm where he and his small team make deliciously rich traditional ice cream.
Thomas runs a 2800 cow dairy herd with his parents John and Maria. The Veser family have been farming the Veser pastures along the Blackwater Valley in Lacolle for six generations.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest vegetables, fruits, nuts and field crops. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties may include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products. May construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
Reference ID: 882749FVS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place