As a full-time software engineer at SULIS Subsea Corporation, you will be part of a talented team developing and delivering groundbreaking underwater imaging technology for ocean science, exploration, and film-making. Your success will enable a greater awareness and understanding of the world and its oceans.
At SULIS, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, we offer the following perks:
- Dress: Flexible dress code, so you can be as comfortable as you would be working from home.
- Flexibility: We offer flex-time schedule. Whether you are an early bird or late riser, we want you to be at the top of your game.
- Location: Centrally located on O’Leary Avenue in St. John’s
- Growth: You will be part of a small, tight-knit multi-disciplinary team that has a significant impact on the business and where it’s headed. You will have a lot of room to grow and expand upon your skill set.
- Degree/diploma in computer science, engineering, a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience with C/C++, ideally in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Some experience working with embedded systems
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
DESIRED (BUT NOT NECESSARY) SKILLS
- Parallel programming experience (CUDA, VHDL, etc.)
- Deep understanding of digital camera systems and video formats
- Experience designing/implementing machine vision and image processing algorithms
- Experience with electronics design and integration
- Experience working with a GUI toolkit. Prior experience with Qt is an asset
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming
This role is for someone that loves a challenge, and has an interest in being involved every step of the way in technology R&D and product development, from the initial idea, to design, fabrication, field-testing, and commercialization. This is the role for you if you are an out-of-the-box thinker with the competitive ambition and drive to help create outstanding technology that will help SULIS maintain its position at the forefront of ocean exploration technology.
SULIS Subsea Corporation specializes in underwater camera technology, working directly with leading scientists, engineers, and filmmakers to deliver purpose-built technology. The footage SULIS's cameras produce can be found anywhere from leading science labs to IMAX screens, to streams from ROV control rooms to millions of online viewers.
Job Type: Full-time