What is the opportunity?
As a Regional Director, you will provide overall market management by leading the establishment and achievement of team objectives including client services and sales related activities. Your focus will be to achieve superior client experience through advice driven client discussions. You will also be accountable for ongoing coaching and development of staff, ensuring high level of employee capability and engagement through focused sales management routines and the promotion of a collaborative team environment.
What will you do?
- Oversee Insurance store operations
- Reinforce a client first culture, actively coach each team member in delivering a superior client experience
- Represent RBC Insurance within the community, demonstrating leadership and focus on attracting new business opportunities and increasing likeliness to recommend through existing client referrals
- Contributes and leads market sales plan results, adjusting team sales and client activities to achieve/exceed overall market plan
- Accountable to drive team sales success through regular sales routines and ongoing coaching activities targeted to develop team sales capability
- Apply Performance Management through regular reviews, joint sales calls, sales routines, ongoing coaching discussions of the PMD, performance enablement, assessment and development plan
- Ensures sales force capability through building necessary skills/competencies/accreditations to meet market needs, including knowledge of RBC partners for referral success
- Takes the initiative to keep informed of current events, market news and internal information on applicable internal sites
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of sales leadership, people management and sales management experience
- Progressive industry and general business experience (5+ years) with a focus on multi-line insurance in a sales capacity
- Superior selling and sales management skills
- LLQP (Life License) & General Insurance License
- Entrepreneurial / business developer mindset
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong people management skills; able to assemble and manage a new team of people
- Must be flexible to work fluctuating schedules including evenings and weekends
- Post-secondary education preferred, or equivalent experience in lieu
- Financial Planning designation would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to build close relationships with clients
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
65 Ontario St. S. Unit F6
Required Travel (%):