MolecuLight Inc. is a Medical device company in Toronto, specializing in point-of-care diagnostic imaging, developing a handheld optical imaging platform. MolecuLight’s first product is an imaging system with primary applications in bacterial imaging for wound care, cancer imaging and preclinical animal model analysis.
Under the direction of the Operations Leader, the Manufacturing Assistant will be responsible for the building of, as well as many of the testing activities that are completed during the production for all MolecuLight products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are representative of the essential functions of the position and are not all inclusive. Other duties may be required.
- Identify, report manufacturing issues related to the use and/or support of MolecuLight products.
- Perform activities including Production configuration and upgrades, custom configurations, troubleshooting, bug reporting and other services during manufacturing process.
- Immediately report any variances from task target completion dates to manager.
- Work effectively in collaboration with other members of the department, or with managers and staff across the organization with whom tasks must be completed.
- Work in a safe manner so as not to endanger individual health and safety, or the health and safety of others.
- Comply with all legal requirements, all corporate policies and procedures, and with generally accepted business and ethical practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate manager or designate.
- Able to use measurement instruments.
- Receiving and logging incoming material.
- Inventory control.
- Assembly of production assemblies from raw materials to finished goods, hardware configuration, and software loading and cable assembly.
- Soldering and repairing surface mounted components by hand.
- Read circuit schematics, mechanical drawings
- Work with our manufacturing partners and vendors to develop, improve or maintain processes related to quality or reliability of the product.
- Assist with all aspects of material quality or management as needed.
- Assure all processes are operating within our ISO established standards.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with all appropriate regulations.
- Equipment Calibration.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities; however, may provide guidance to others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Diploma from college, preferably in engineering technician or related program. Up to two years’ experience in similar role. Previous experience in related internship roles preferred. Knowledge of ISO 13485 or ISO 9001 practices is an asset.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
This position requires familiarity with and ability to utilize MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Access. Also required is the demonstrated proficiency with Computer Aided Design software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request, to enable them to perform the essential functions of their job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to travel off site and may be exposed to outside weather conditions during travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may work ear moving or mechanical and electrical parts.