We’re changing the way fast-growing startups get access to key financial insights by building part-time, virtual finance teams.
WHAT WE DO
Most start-ups work with external accounting firms or bookkeepers to handle their finances in the early stages of growth. As they grow, their needs for financial planning and analysis, cash flow management, and stakeholder reporting, among other responsibilities, expand beyond the capacity and expertise of a traditional accounting firm.
Many of these startups still operate on a lean business model and want to maximize cash flow going to R&D instead of being diverted prematurely to an internal, full-time finance team.
That’s where we come in. We bridge the gap between external accounting firms and internal finance teams. We operate at the intersection of accounting, finance, and tech in building part-time, virtual finance teams.
WHY JOIN US
Our exceptional team is driven by intellectual curiosity and the insatiable desire to find better ways of working and solving problems.
We push ourselves to do the best work of our careers by constantly challenging the status quo. We work closely together to take on some of the toughest challenges that startups face.
We, ourselves, are an early-stage, fast-growing startup. Joining us now will offer an unforgettable opportunity to come in at the ground floor and play a key role in shaping who we become.
Our team of extraordinary individuals allow us to build a culture of autonomy and collaborative growth.
- Remote Work: You can work from anywhere with an internet connection. There is no physical office space, so we communicate via Slack, emails, video calls, and in-person trips. From the beaches of Cancun to the slopes of Switzerland - the world is yours to discover.
- Meaningful Growth: We offer engaged mentorship to help you set and achieve your goals. We’ll support you in designing a clear and meaningful path to grow and progress within our team.
- Purpose Driven: Our clients are an extension of our team. You’ll work directly with some of the brightest minds building the companies of tomorrow and have a direct impact on helping them grow and thrive.
- Corporate Retreats: Every year, we get together to celebrate our successes and prepare for upcoming challenges. We share delicious food and drink in great company in an inspiring location.
Your role will be to work with your team in providing Chief Financial Officer (CFO) services to startups across Canada.
You’ll be directly responsible for:
- Managing the relationship with your client base and continually adapting to their needs as they grow.
- Mentoring and teaching team members to excel in their roles and grow into new ones.
- Engaging in the growth and direction of FrontierCFO as we build and refine our service offerings and our internal processes.
Services offered to our clients include:
- Financial planning and analysis including budgets, forecasts, and other reporting.
- Cash management to maximize runway and optimize utilization of capital.
- Analyzing existing processes and researching new apps for continuous improvements in efficiency and accuracy.
- Managing bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable, and payroll using cloud software.
- Coordinating year-end engagements (audits, reviews, compilations) with third-party accounting firms.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We believe the below skills will allow the right individual to thrive.
- CPA designation
- Strong aptitude with learning new apps and processes
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to manage complex workflows in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with team members and clients
- Strong judgement to navigate difficult and sensitive situations
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Strong knowledge of cloud software including accounting software (Xero, QBO) and forecasting & reporting tools (Fathom, Spotlight Reporting, Futrli)
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Public practice experience in audit and tax
We look forward to hearing from you!
– The FrontierCFO team
Job Type: Full-time