VPC Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
VPC Group Inc., is looking for a dynamic Production Supervisor (Night Shift) to engage our people, delight our customers, and consistently achieve or exceed business expectations in Calgary, Alberta.
· Ensure Health and Safety is a precondition of all that is done.
· Provide excellent service to customers, including On-Time-Delivery, as expected quality, and exceptional responsiveness requests
· Manage a production team of hourly direct reports. Provide coaching and guidance.
· Set and meet/exceed daily production targets.
· Engage employees in building a culture based on respect, teamwork and accomplishment.
· Lead daily shift meetings with team members; set a positive tone for each day.
· Holds people accountable for their time / attendance, safety, and quality.
· Monitor throughput hourly and report abnormalities.
· Supports maintenance team when required to ensure minimal downtime by demonstrating an engineering mindset in identifying issues for manufacturing and assembly.
· Supports Plant Manager in determining areas for improvement.
· Implement and maintain 5S and Lean manufacturing initiatives and efforts.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering
· Minimum 2-3 years leadership experience in manufacturing environment a must
· Experience with Lean manufacturing principles a must
· Must be able to work night shift
· Solid interpersonal skills; experience supervising in a unionized environment an asset
· Ability to confidently and independently make difficult decisions
· Strong computer / system skills (MS Office, ADP Workforce Now)
Application deadline: 2020-10-21
Expected start date: 2020-10-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- production supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)