S.A.M Learning Centre is Canada’s first math enrichment center teaching Singapore Math to children ages 4-13. Singapore Math is considered to be the most successful math program in the world. For more information visit our website at http://www.seriouslyaddictivemaths.ca/
Due to Covid19, SAM has successfully integrated our classes online. Successful applicants will be trained to teach the program online.
Position Overview: If you possess a natural flare and passion for working with children; If you are a dedicated employee; If you are able to work as part of a team; If you are open-minded and willing to learn a new way to deliver the world’s best math program to young children, this opportunity awaits you!
Teaching/Tutoring experience and/or teaching degree is a definite asset, but not a necessity.
Work alongside the director of the center to learn about the program and how it is uniquely delivered.
- Work with the director to individually plan for each child’s session.
- Determine a target objective for each session.
- Select the correct S.A.M workbooks to be assigned to each student as part of their home assignments.
- Correct previous workbooks that are handed back and look for weaknesses that need to be improved and/or topics that need to be re-addressed.
- Work as part of a team with other trainers; collaborate and share creative ideas with colleagues in order to enhance the child’s learning experience.
- Available to work evenings/weekends
- Bilingual ENG/FR
- A love and passion for working with children.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to adapt to new teaching methods.
- Relevant degree in teaching; an asset but not a necessity.
- Relevant experience in teaching or tutoring; an asset but not a necessity.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $14.00 per hour