Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
The Presentation Director is responsible for defining and developing a Presentation Direction in support of the creative and art direction that will become the “2D Visual Signature” for the game.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
- Conceptualize, develop and supervise the visual style and ideas of the game’s menus (Outer shell, Press Start menu, Pause Menu, etc.)
- Conceptualize, develop and supervise the game’s User interfaces (HUD, Map, Inventory, etc.)
- Conceptualize and supervise some environmental interfaces (computers, ATM, door keypad)
- Conceptualize and supervise some environmental adverts (billboards video, street advertising)
- May participate in standalone Flash applications to prototype innovations in conception.
In collaboration with the Creative team:
- Contribute to the design process and more notably a significant stake in the design of the menus, user interfaces and Visual Feedback (FX, Damage)
- Conceptualize, supervise the project’s visual ideas (death, retry screen, loads times) and maintain this vision through all development phases.
- Work with Creative and Sound Director to ensure that music and audio cues are in line with Presentation and overall creative direction.
I*n collaboration with the Art Director: *
- Contribute to the design process with the Art Director to set the style and the most appropriate look-and-feel for the game.
- Elaborate the visual references of the artistic direction
- Create Presentation guidelines that will be useful for external resources (CGI and SFX companies)
- Oversee the project’s look-and-feel and help ensure all contributing artists understand the Presentation Signature.
In assistance to Editorial Marketing:
Help define how the game’s Presentation Direction will be translated to Marketing visual assets and guidelines.
AEC in Graphic Design and multimedia or any other equivalent training.
Minimum of 8 years’ experience in creation of « interfaces » and stylization of menus of all kinds as well as any other relevant experience.
- Strong comprehension of game design
- Ability to communicate the artistic direction
- Be driven by managing key detailed elements
- Good artistic judgement
- Ability to review quality of team’s work and suggest new ideas if necessary
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other crafts within a production team
- Competitive Salary:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: $55,000 - $120,000
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time