We’re Xspace Learning, a new way of schooling that provides an ESL-focused, G8-12 North American system of study to students. We offer personalized and collaborative online-offline programs, maximizing the use of digital resources and applications in both virtual and physical classroom settings. We deliver online credit courses to high schools students (grades 10-12) in a blended learning environment, as well as non-credit ESL and support classes to help students meet the demands of high school.
We are currently looking for someone who is upbeat, dynamic, and ready to take on the role of a Math/Science Online Credit Course Facilitator. Candidates must possess a strong background in Math, Chemistry and/or Physics, and must be comfortable working with students in grades 10-12.
The Facilitator functions as the liaison between the online teacher and the student in order to optimize achievement of learning objectives.
The Facilitator is responsible for:
1) providing summarized lessons based on credit course content as delivered by the online teacher;
2) ensuring student understanding of content;
3) identifying needs for reinforced learning of course content (e.g. additional assignments, videos etc.);
4) providing targeted feedback to students' work;
5) providing supplementary instruction to students experiencing difficulties;
6) liaising with the online teacher and Xspace management staff to oversee student progress;
7) maintaining detailed records of students’ progress and classroom performance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Have at least 1 year of experience working with high school/ELL students in an instructional setting
- Able to commit to a minimum of 6 months
- Able to work at least 6 hours a week during peak class hours (Mondays to Fridays between 1:00-9:00pm PST)
- Have excellent English written language and fluent oral communication skills; bilingual skills are an asset
- Have excellent organizational skills, creativity and adaptability
Company website: www.xspacelearning.com
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- teaching: 1 year (Required)