A technical director represents the bridge between the design for our video game and its final product state by determining what is technically playable in real-time with Unreal Engine.
As technical director, you establish a link between the artistic vision of the game and its technical implementation. You will be responsible for developing techniques to overcome obstacles during the production of the game.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure product consistency by negotiating across our various stakeholders, such as programmers who are working on the technical and functional design of our game.
- Conduct research and find innovative ways to complete the technical aspects of a project while providing support to our team members.
- Work together with the project manager, art director and designer to ensure consistency when setting the technical guidelines to follow for the game design.
- Supervise the technical aspects of discovering areas where product quality might be improved.
As TD you
- Are accountable.
- Are adaptable and flexible.
- Work well under pressure.
- Are excellent team players.
- Have strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- Are persuasive and good at explaining ideas.
- Have excellent technical and management skills.
- Have strong internal and external customer focus.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand various 3D software tools and pipeline workflow.
- Are deadline oriented and able to achieve high levels of performance.
- Are an expert in programming C++ and the software used to produce the artistic and technical platforms for games.
Combinations of education and experience may lead to a career as our video game technical director. These include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, art, science or related disciplines.
- College diploma in technical integration of multimedia, 3D animation or related disciplines.
- About five years experience in programming for the video game industry; or the technical production of graphical environments; or animation and modelling.
- Experience supervising the creative and technical processes of artists.
About the Position
You embody a love and passion for working in entertainment that is good for players. You will work remotely. You will track your time. Plan to set forward your hourly wage and currency of choice. We are a startup company. You will begin at least part-time so we can name you and add your skills to our team in our Business Plan. You may go full time, up to 40-to-50 hours a week, once funding is in our control (this will be any day now). IMU Studios is seeking various roles for Contract work. It begins as royalty to set up the team, then becomes full-time paid work.
About the Game
Our Cinematic TV Episodes take place inside our game’s environments; making it all one thing. Playable stories with total player freedom and meaningful challenges. Our game is an open-world FPS Arena game with RPG-elements. We make memorable experiences, to focus players on wider gameplay. Allowing them to freely explore and discover all of the beautiful details that we have built out. TEAM IMU creates environments that players can experience in awe, all built on this beautiful Unreal Video Game Engine.
About the Company
IMU Studios is all about creating a refreshing experience for gamers. It’s got to be thrilling. It’s got to be rewarding and meaningful. It’s got to shake the foundations of the industries we enter. We have assembled a team of video game underdogs, who are all hungry to be the next heroes. Together we are pushing everything to be more breathtaking.
We’ve got a playable game in its early stages. We are growing the team to hit our milestones regularly, while our Business Advisor and our Executive Producer bring in the funding they have sourced.
IMU Studios was founded when game developer Robert Strutin’s market research revealed fresh opportunities in the video game industry crossing market lines of game and money. Our home studio is nestled in the beautiful, inspiring mountains of British Columbia, Canada, with active Team Members contributing worldwide. Our expert team of game developers and artists are passionate about their craft and producing profound entertainment experiences.
We create exhilarating video games that enrich your life and empower you as a player.
Tell us who you are, what you do, and why you would like to join us.
Discord: https://discord.gg/VQHhbrR add/PM VindaCator
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Supervising: 5 years (Preferred)
- video game programming: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)