Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
Objectives: to ensure all technical requirements of dispensing prescriptions are performed in accordance with provincial regulations and store policies thus enabling “Live Well” pharmacist to deliver pharmaceutical care.
Administrative (Human Resources/Financial)
- Preparing and reconciling third party billings.
- Prepare receipts, invoices, letters and memos, and general filing.
- Generate long-term care data (i.e. medication administration record, medication review as appropriate).
- Maintain drug information files.
- Receive and send electronic communication.
- Receive written prescriptions or requests for prescription refills from patients or their representatives.
- Prepare prescription labels.
- Retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure and mix medications.
- Reconstitute medications.
- Select type of prescription container.
- Affix prescription and auxiliary labels to prescription containers.
- Price prescriptions.
- Fill prescriptions and run batches of prescriptions for dispill clients.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles.
- Repackage and label medications.
- Maintain packaging and dispensing equipment.
- Prepare specialty products.
- Monitor stock levels to ensure sufficient quantities for optimal operation.
- Prepare and place orders from specified sources.
- Receive and check supplies purchased. Take necessary steps to get in back order.
- Maintain inventory records, including those for narcotics and controlled drugs.
- Rotate stock and monitor expiry dates.
- Identify expired products for disposal, destruction, or return to manufacturer.
- Communicate with customers, physicians and suppliers (questions relating to prescription drug information, poison information and any health matter must be referred to the pharmacist).
- Communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Keep pharmacy clean and organized.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of “Live Well” clinics.
- Reinforce relationship building with patients and customers and encourage dialogue with pharmacist.
- Promote availability of “Live Well” products and services.
- Suggest improvements in Best Practices related to dispensing services.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist pharmacist with documentation process as required.
Qualifications and Personal Requirements
- Certification from appropriate Community College is preferred, but not a firm requirement.
- Product and supplier knowledge preferred.
- Working knowledge of retail math and basic computer operations.
- Possess a positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude.
- Organized, self-starting and ability to communicate well.
- Personality: enthusiastic, flexible, conscientious, logical, precise, patient, does not assume things, remains calm under duress.
- Maintain professional image and proper grooming, including a complete uniform and name tag.
Working Environment & Conditions
The environment is clean, free from clutter, quiet, climate controlled. 99% of the time is spent standing at the counter, listening, talking, reaching, limited bending, lifting light objects. Good eye-sight is required to read and type.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)