Social Media Content Creator and Manager Gig
Approximately 1 day per week or 2 half days per week; additional hours on event basis. There is flexibility outside of the event (when permitted again) hours as to how this can be scheduled. If quality of work and gathering of local content from the area is demonstrated, work may continue to be remotely completed outside of visits to the area to gather content after COVID-19.
What is the Fairbank Village BIA?
Comprised of approximately 120 local business Members, Fairbank Village Business Improvement Area (BIA) represents the voice of community members, business owners and local tenants. The BIA is overseen by a voluntary board who takes pride in the community and pledges to preserve the neighbourhood through beautification, family-friendly events, and promotion of local businesses.
What is a BIA?
A BIA is an association of business owners and commercial property owners in a specific area that work in partnership with the City of Toronto to represent their business community’s needs. Through this partnership, BIAs can effectively attract new, competitive, and thriving business. By working collectively as a BIA, local businesses have the organizational and funding capacity to be catalysts for civic improvement, enhancing the quality of life in their local neighborhood and the city.
We are looking for a Social Media Content Creator and Manager who can help us increase Fairbank Village’s share of voice in social media channels, help drive traffic to our digital properties, and enhance the overall perception of the Fairbank Village BIA and its community across all social media platforms. You will develop and schedule original content, help build engagement, and promote Fairbank Village, its events, and its Members. You not only understand the landscape of social media, what’s hot and what’s not, butyou can write killer copy and create engaging content. You use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. In this role, you will be responsible for representing the Fairbank Village BIA brand to the online world and building our community on various social media platforms.
- Creation of social content (text, photos, animation, video, etc.) across all channels.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule using analytics and execute it with a scheduler.
- Grow brand presence and brand consistency on all channels.
- Collect content from Fairbank Village Businesses and our area in-person (may be temporarily on hold at times due to COVID-19) monthly to get appropriate local content to share.
- Once community events resume, attend Fairbank Village’s Pumpkin Giveaway, Light Up The Holidays and Summerfest events to create original content and promote the events.
- Produce a monthly social media report and participate in monthly (in-person or by video) social media progress and planning meetings with the Coordinator.
- Encourage engagement on social media, and respond to comments, reviews, etc., and direct inquires as required to the Fairbank Village Coordinator.
- Take steps to build the audience such as following others, liking appropriate and relevant content from frequent engagers, inviting people to like/follow, building relationships with local organizations and influencers, creating and suggesting campaigns, etc.
- Create and manage effective ads for Fairbank Village events and other promotions as needed.
- Measure and analyze data to identify trends, improve ROI and grow social presence.
- Additional social media or marketing tasks as assigned by the Coordinator.
- Proven understanding of and a passion for social media.
- Experience in multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- An engaging online voice with understanding of brand messaging and tone.
- An eye for and ability to create visual content.
- Strong English reading and writing skills.
- Strong understanding of social media best practices, keeping up with, and applying the latest industry trends and social media advancements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use digital media and design software.
- Ability to respond rapidly and professionally to reputation management issues.
- Willingness to learn and receive feedback.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to talk with a variety of new people.
- Have stable internet, a smartphone at least a decent camera, and a computer.
Non-Essential Assets (Bonus Points For)
- Understanding of BIAs, non-profit work, interest in community building or experience working with small business owners.
- Reading and writing in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Experience with Linkedin.
How to Apply
Submit your resume or proposal. Please also include examples of your work and make it easy for us to find and look through. This could be in the form of one or more of the following: links to social media accounts you are currently responsible for, accounts you created content for in the past with dates for the period of time, a PDF with examples that demonstrate the quality of your content creation, a photography or video portfolio, or a link to your website portfolio if applicable.
We appreciate all applications, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted remotely by video. As soon as the right candidate is signed on, we will no longer be accepting applications and the listing will be removed. College/University student applications are welcome.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home
This gig can be done remotely when required due to COVID-19. We will discuss options with the candidate for distancing during visits to the area for gathering content safely. Candidate must wear PPE when visiting the area. Meetings by video for now.
- Social Media: 1 year (Required)
- Social Media Content Creation: 1 year (Required)