Volunteer Recruiter Required
This is a NON-Paid Internship
(Merit Based Honorarium Awarded Upon Successful Completion of Position)
- Do You have an Interest in Talent and Volunteer Recruitment?
- Do You have Experience in the Arts, Events, Not-For-Profit or Volunteerism
- Do You want to go into the HR Field? Event Management?
- Do You need Solid Work Experience on Your Resume?
- Do You Need Co-Op Hours?
- Can You be Bonded (Police Check and Insurance Check)
- Can You spare 5-15 Hours a Week?
- Do You live in Hamilton
- (If you do not live in Hamilton can you get commute 1 day per week?)
We are looking for an Experienced Volunteer Recruiter Coordinator to Recruit, Schedule and Manage Volunteers.
Our best candidates in the past have stayed with us during their entire University career. They believe in loyalty, take pride in their work and see the benefits of a long standing work relationship that helps them move along in their chosen profession by providing long term training, business skills, skills upgrading, business acumen, References and Letters of Recommendation.
- You will be responsible for recruitment, scheduling and retaining the best people.
- You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire.
- You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Your goal is to ensure our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly utilized for the fulfillment of our mission and all of our events.
We are a very diversified Not For Profit Arts Organization that works on Volunteer Power. No Arts Organization is complete without Great Volunteers.
You will work one-on-one with your Supervisor to get the best possible work experience.
- Until May 15th - Work 1 Shift per week
- May 16th to July 11th will be 2-3 shifts per Week
Duties and Tasks Below (+ more as needed) include:
- Post Volunteer Positions online
- Source and Recruit Volunteers using various techniques, free job boards, etc.
- Collect Information on Availabilities and Skills
- Arrange for Appropriate Training and Orientation
- Ensure for Appropriate Training and Support
- Research and Write Volunteer Procedures
- Generate appropriate Volunteering opportunities
- Update and Keep Current Volunteer role descriptions based on the needs of our organization
- Raise Awareness of the Role and the Function of Volunteers
- Devise a Volunteer Retention Plan / Team Building Plan / Activities
- Manage, Train, Role-Play Volunteers
- Able to take Direction and Specific Instruction and Implement across all tasks
- Advanced Email, MSExcel, MSWord Skills (You will be tested)
- Apple Products User (iPhone, Laptop, Apps)
- Time Management
- Able to Produce Work product, Documents during shifts
- Self Managed, Reliable, Punctual
- Extremely Organized - but doesn't fall apart when things go wrong
- A People Person - A Team Builder - A Motivator
- Exceptional English, Spelling, Grammar Skills - A 2nd Language is an Asset (Chinese, French, German, Spanish)
If the job description above sounds like you please email us Today at reelheartvolunteers(at)gmail.com
Thank You, Jac
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Volunteer, Casual, ...
- Volunteer and/or Recruitment: 1 year (Required)
- Event Coordination, Staffing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)