- Using sophisticated climbing and rigging techniques.
- Cut away dead or excess branches from trees or shrubs to maintain right-of-way for roads, sidewalks, or utilities, or to improve appearance, health, and value of tree.
- Prune or treat trees or shrubs using handsaws, hand pruners, clippers, and power pruners.
- Works off the ground in the tree canopy and may use truck-mounted or self-propelled lifts.
- Assists ground crew in managing workflow and keeping work site safe.
- Gathers brush and feed brush into wood chipper.
- Services truck, chipper, and equipment, maintaining them in neat, clean, and specified mechanical order.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, wood chipper, with hearing protection.
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.)
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location or homebase.
About Alexandria Tree Service:
Alexandria Tree Service was founded in 2019 by two brothers who created a business to provide excellent tree service in Eastern Ontario while making tree health and preservation a priority. Though the founding partners have over a decade of previous experience owning and operating a successful tree service company, Alexandria Tree Service was rebuilt upon providing its customers and employees with “A Better Way”. Since it's launch in Spring 2019, Alexandria Tree Service is already shaping up to be the leader in safe and efficient vegetation management services in SD&G.
With Alexandria Tree Service, your contributions as a team member will help keep our communities and local tree populations healthy and make communities safe after disaster strikes. With over a decade in tree preservation, high-risk removals and landscape remediation, Alexandria Tree Service is leading the area in tree and landscape maintenance. Now is your opportunity to branch out into a rewarding career.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Tree Climbing: 2 years (Preferred)