For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life.
We are currently looking for a full-time Assistant Retail Sales Manager with strong leadership and communication skills to join our Yurek Pharmacy & Home Healthcare team in St. Thomas, Ontario.
Working alongside the Retail Sales Manager, the Assistant Retail Sales Manager will lead the Front Shop team, inspire growth, and deliver the company strategy. With a customer led approach, they will be responsible for executing the ongoing success of store operations by providing outstanding customer experience that ensures we are doing everything we can to help every customer feel better, every day.
Responsibilities would include:
- Demonstrates outstanding sales ability, leadership capabilities, and contributing to the overall store concept by bringing plenty of energy, enthusiasm, passion and strong communication skills as we strive to be recognized as the Canadian leader in pharmacy health care.
- Ensures exceptional customer service/patient care for the store.
- Maintains store standards to optimize customer experience, drive customer traffic, and positively impact store profitability
- Ensures all staff are trained and following corporate and store policy and procedures
- Ensures staffing levels are adequate to effectively operate the business while maximizing productivity and minimizing costs.
- Assist with the human resource activities which include recruitment, training, developing and motivating staff, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, and handling employee relations issues where applicable.
- Champion and model the development of subject matter expertise at store level. Health and Wellness product knowledge, merchandising, loss prevention, Health and Safety and exceptional Pharmacy/Patient Care.
- Assist the Front Store Manager in ensuring that the store achieves and maintains key performance indicators (KPIs), budgeted sales, gross profit, inventory targets, labour costs, and controllable store expenses.
- Adhere to all marketing programs and initiatives, which may include, retail price management, Front Shop Department Merchandising, Planograms, core programs and merchandising techniques, flyer implementation and local advertising initiatives
- Investigates errors, customer complaints, negative trends, and other issues to determine the root cause of the issue and implements appropriate corrective actions.
- Completes all quality control functions and quality improvements tasks assigned to them.
- Any duties that may be assigned.
- Completion of High School Diploma. College diploma with a focus in a business-related discipline is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience within a retail environment required.
- 2-3 years’ experience within a retail environment
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Proven customer service skills and effective communication skills
- Previous experience in reviewing & analyzing financial reports
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and problem solve effectively
- A demonstrated sense of urgency
- Computer literacy (data entry, scanning, etc.) is required, previous experience using Finestra POS system would be a definite asset
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Opportunity to receive discretionary cash bonuses twice per year
- Health/Dental/Life insurance benefits package, where the cost is shared between the employee and Yurek
- Education Assistance Program for approved courses to upgrade knowledge/skills
- Paid Volunteer Days and support with philanthropic activities
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit available
- Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
- Opportunity to work in a family business with strong connections with the community where you immediately are treated like family and have an opportunity to grow your career
Strong people leaders who meet our requirements are invited to apply online on indeed.ca by December 7, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory in retail: 1 year (Required)