Fidus is a front runner in embedded software design, system and hardware. We provide a technical advantage to our global Clients ranging from tech giants to start-ups. We have an opening in the areas of Embedded software. We are looking for an Embedded Software Designer position for our Ottawa or Kitchener Design Centres. We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win and is excited to apply their creative skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key contributor on challenging projects (Virtual Reality, High-Res Video, High speed communications, High-Performance Computing FPGA Designs etc.) for F100/F500 companies, explore different disciplines, influence strategy, processes and culture. Lead in your area of expertise, influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps, all the while being exposed to some of the biggest names in our industry.
If you want to be part of a creative team, you like to be challenged, you thrive on project diversity, you love to grow, change, and evolve, you enjoy a work environment that is built on openness, fairness, and honesty, you think it is important to have fun while reaching your goals and exceeding customer expectations, then Fidus is the place for You!
What’s in it for You?
- Working with a Proudly Tier 1 High-Tech Design House at a Rapidly Expanding Industry: Fidus is pleased to provide customers with full end-to-end development solutions or more selective targeted engagements. Being a Xilinx Premier Design Services Member, Fidus has delivered more than 1500 projects for 300+ clients, from Tier-1 multinationals to SMEs to start-ups. Fidus is headquartered in Ottawa with local design centers in Kitchener-Waterloo and San Jose. Fidus is involved in assessing and implementing the newest technologies, often before they are released to the market.
- Join an Evolving Company: Make your voice heard and create the change you want to see. Be a contributor on challenging projects, lead with your expertise influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps. Fidus is recognized for accelerating the product development cycle and optimizing system implementation for better cost, performance and power to our clients!
- Join During Rapid Growth Mode: With growth achieved in 2019 over 55% and strong projections for 2020, you’re joining at an exciting time in Fidus history. Recognized as a trusted design partner, Fidus is dedicated to meeting customer expectations and develop long-term relationships with clients built on integrity, quality and open communications.
- Work with Cutting Edge Technology: Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development, including hardware, software, and FPGA/ASIC design/verification. Work on a variety of leading technologies, be part of a team that solves the hard problems that new technologies present. Our training, mentoring, and exposure to different types of projects allow Fidus engineers to become highly sought after experts, more quickly than in other environment. Exposure to various diverse industries and clients which means exciting new technologies.
- Generous Benefits Package and Company Culture: Featuring a full benefits package, healthy work/life balance, LTD & STD, generous PTO and a company emphasis placed on feeling welcome and at home; ensuring you are taken care of is of utmost importance to Fidus.
- Expertise in embedded software design, networking, communication, and video protocols
- Ability to use best design practices to create modular and readable C and C++ code
- Strength in object-oriented design principles and implementation
- Experience with Xilinx or Altera FPGA SoCs, Xilinx SDK and PetaLinux Tools
- Familiarity with PERL, TCL, Python, or other common scripting languages
- Exhibit strong communication skills, are fluent in English, have great customer interaction presence, work well in a team, and quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Proven technical leadership and techniques and habits that lead to high quality design
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience with C/C++ programming in embedded Linux kernel environments, RTOS, or bare metal environments
- Knowledge of assembly, C, and C++ programming and their tools in embedded environments
- Background in the use of low-level device drivers and bootloaders
- Familiarity with user, driver, and kernel space Linux software development and Yocto
- Experience in HW/SW/FPGA integration and an understanding of digital hardware design
- Understanding of the complete software design cycle, from requirement definition through to system integration and verification
- Proven ability to work as part of a technical design team.
In Latin, Fidus means “trustworthy and dependable”. We live up to the meaning of our name with our customers, suppliers, partners and each other.
With design center locations in Ottawa, Waterloo and San Jose, Fidus is a global leader and dynamic high-tech design firm. Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Our hardware, software, FPGA and signal integrity teams innovate, design and deliver next-generation products for clients in emerging technology markets.
Being the inaugural Xilinx Premier North American Design Services member means that we have great FPGA designers with leading edge expertise and we solve some of the customers toughest design challenges.
Believing that Fidus employees are the most important resource we have to offer, Fidus aims to always challenge their employees to be the best that they can be. We are proud of the operating culture that is maintained as well as our fantastic employee retention. With a reputation known for relentlessly providing expert service and knowledge into the different markets that we serve with emerging technology and inventions - overachieving is how things are done.