Six (6) Month Contract
The Merchandiser is primarily responsible for completing all assigned merchandising work, including Pack Out and service-related projects accurately, on time, an in accordance with merchandising and safety standards.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
· Responsible for Pack out and merchandising activities Including, but not limited to:
- Ensures merchandise/shelves properly stocked; including; Packed out, fronted, fully packed down and priced in assigned area according to planogram; takes necessary photos of product displays and bay sets as directed.
- Identifies damaged products, removes them from the shelves, delivers them to Return to Manufacturer (RTM) area, and signs off.
- Assists in verification of buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping.
- Installs, maintains, and re-orders any damaged signage and product brochures; ensures POP re-order stickers are current, clean, intact, and properly displayed; looks for name, contact #, UPC # and description.
- Cleans, dusts, replaces damaged beams and/or grids, rotates and pack down stocks items for easier customer access, and ensures displays are in safe, clean and working order at all times.
- Repair/seal damaged packaging and boxes including peg-hook items.
- Provides feedback and analysis on service execution to store, market.
- Identifies and helps to resolve store-level issues.
o Stock shelves (Moulding/ Boards etc.)
o Complete all scheduled assignments efficiently, accurately and on time
o Maintain strong relationships with store managers and staff
o Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- One (1) year retail merchandising experience, preferred.
- Physically able to lift-up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladder
- Must have a reliable car
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Kilometer reimbursement
- Must be able to travel to various locations within the Montreal region.
- Experience working with computers and smart phone applications.
- Must have a focus on safety and adherence to Home Depot safety rules
- Capable of standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, twisting, and lifting continuously
- Previous carpentry experience or proficiency handling tools is preferred.
- Must be able to travel to various locations, within either Montreal or Ottawa region
- Contract position July – Dec 2020 (possibility of extension)
National Service Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation throughout the hiring process should communicate their needs in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 per year
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)