Tradition Fine Foods Ltd
Job StatementAs a Maintenance Electrician, the person is part of a team responsible for the general maintenance of all production equipment.
- Set-up and operating of process equipment
- Large range of activities relating to electrical & mechanical controls
- Pneumatic controls
- PLC (Limited Awareness)
- Adjust equipment, as needed
- Troubleshoot electrical problems
- Change electrical motors, contactors, heating elements, overloads & electrical panels
- Install pipes, electrical cables and wires
- Install receptacles and circuit breakers
- Conduct routine inspections & repairs on electrical equipment in the plant
- All other duties as required
- May be required to stand/sit/squat for long periods of time
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping or squatting
- Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25kg
- Must be able to work in tight or enclosed spaces
Health and Safety
- Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner.
- Participate in all Health and Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required.
- Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions to your Maintenance Supervisor.
- Report any damages of property and machinery to your Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area.
- Ensure you comply with OHSA, WSIB, MOL regulations and/or laws that govern “workers” responsibilities in the workplace and Comply with Tradition Fine Foods Ltd. Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs.
- Education equivalent to the completion of grade 12.
- Post secondary education related to machinery maintenance and repair.
- A valid Electrical License
- Ability to maintain working relationship with coworkers and subordinates.
- Available for shift work
- 3 years of relevant work experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Electrician: 2 years (Preferred)