Location Edmonton, Alberta
As part of the Pipeline Integrity Division, The Pipeline Integrity Technician is responsible for operating ultrasonic and magnetic particle testing equipment to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. Reporting to the Pipeline Integrity Manager, the Pipeline Integrity Technician will work closely with other skilled Direct Assessment Technicians in performing their inspections. The goal when onsite is to work with other work groups to maintain workflow to successfully and safely assist our clients in performing required maintenance and to promote the safe operation of the pipeline.
How Does This Position Differ From Traditional NDT Positions?
Unlike some traditional NDT positions, this position offers a long term “career-oriented” opportunity. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and wish to be a part of a team of individuals that have a common goal to be the utmost distinguished, dynamic, and proficient Pipeline Integrity Department in Canada. This person will have a winning attitude with the ability to see the big picture when it comes to growing and seasoning a flourishing Pipeline Integrity group.
As members of an elite Pipeline Integrity group, Technicians will be trained to become experts in the industry. Extensive specialty technical and leadership training will be provided as the position advances.
- Customer Focus
- Safety and Quality Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Preference will be given to CGSB certified in both Level 2 Magnetic Particle and Level 2 Ultrasonic Testing.
- Pipeline Integrity experience is an asset but will train.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude is absolutely mandatory.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Travel is required for up to but not limited to 6 weeks away at a time.
- Must be able to lift 25lb of equipment in and out of an excavation
- Must be able to work 12 hours a day in an environment where muscle stress and stress due to temperature extremes exist.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Office/Shop/Site variable work environments
What’s In It For Me?
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. with over 4,000 employees is one of the largest specialized industrial services company in North America. Team is a world-class service company! We provide an array of specialty services related to the maintenance, inspection and construction of mechanical and piping systems. Founded in 1973, means strength in experience and vision for growth in the industry.
TEAM prides itself in knowing that we employ the best in the industry. Whether that be our dynamic and strategic management group, our best trained field technicians, or our innovative and professional support staff, TEAM is true to its name by providing a work environment based on our core values:
Safety First - Know that working at TEAM, everyone believes that going home safe at the end of the day to your families comes first.
Integrity – Doing what’s right even when no one is looking. Working with TEAM means feeling proud of where you work with an honest and ethical culture.
Service Leadership - We believe in building solid relationships among our colleagues and our clients. TEAM separates itself from the rest with a proven reputation for modern procedures and knowing that our clients receive quality service that exceeds their expectations.
Innovation – In order to be the best, we hire only the most dynamic and experienced people and believe that continuous training is a key aspect to ensuring each employee is reaching his or her full potential. TEAM is an ever growing company that attracts people that are motivated and inspired to be a part of a dynamic organization.
Pride and Respect – TEAM prides itself knowing that our reputation for upholding a respectful work environment with competitive wages is key to ensuring job satisfaction and in turn company growth. Although TEAM is a large global company, we value a personal touch knowing that work-life balance is important.
Please apply at teamindustrialservices.com careers page
Job Type: Full-time
- Pipeline: 1 year (Preferred)
- Level 2 Magnetic Particle: 1 year (Required)
- Level 2 Ultrasonic Testing: 1 year (Required)
- CGSB (Preferred)