Cottage Country Family Health Team (CCFHT)
CCFHT, with its twenty-three Primary Care Providers (six Nurse Practitioners and seventeen Affiliated Physicians) and twenty-five interdisciplinary and administrative FHT staff provide team-based care to more than 25,000 patients in various clinic locations across South Muskoka. CCFHT was a leader in the formation of the family health team model and is now a primary care leader partner in the Muskoka and Area Ontario Health Team.
We are seeking to recruit a passionate, progressive, energetic, and collaborative leader who is responsible to the Board of Directors of the Family Health Team in spearheading the implementation of its strategic plan and priorities while providing overall management and leadership to the FHT organization. The Executive Director is central to the continued success and growth of CCFHT.
The major responsibilities and duties of the Executive Director are:
· Overall management and leadership of the FHT. Ensuring appropriate systems and structures are in place for the effective management and control of the Family Health Team and its resources including financial controls, and the employment, development, control, direction and discharge of all employees of the FHT.
· Ensuring structures and systems are in place for the development, review and recommendation of new programs, program expansion or changes.
· Compliance with Government legislation and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care requirements.
· Maintaining an effective risk management policy and plan.
· Ensuring effective human resources strategic planning.
· Fostering a positive and collaborative team practice.
· Managing facilities/buildings for which the FHT is responsible.
· Promoting collaboration and coordination and planning of locally integrated health services. Be an active primary care leader partner in the Muskoka and Area Ontario Health Team.
· Representing the FHT externally to the community, government, media and other organizations and agencies.
· Ensuring programs and services reflect the strategy of the FHT. Defining goals and objectives for programs and services and evaluating programs and services to ensure they meet quality standards and goals and objectives.
· Ensuring that all components of the information management system work cohesively towards the achievement of information needs of the organization.
The minimum qualifications for the Executive Director position are as follows:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field (preference may be given to candidates holding a master’s degree).
· Five years or more management experience.
· Experience in the field of family health care.
· Experience working with non-profit Board of Directors.
· Experience working successfully in partnership with other Agencies to achieve common objectives.
· Knowledge of relevant legislation.
· Knowledge and skill to provide professional expertise and guidance to staff.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective and well-developed interpersonal skills.
· Requisite computer literacy level to manage the organization.
· Experience in program planning, development and evaluation.
· Confident and consistent decision-making skills.
· Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the needs of the organization and the demands of the position.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines.
· Ability to balance demands and priorities and to manage effectively.
· Work is generally performed in office and community settings.
· Work hours are flexible.
· Work involves regular driving.
· Valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
· Some overnight travel is required.
Interested candidates can submit their resume/curriculum vitae no later than 5 pm, May 29, 2020. Only those scheduled for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Education reimbursement
- On-site parking
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 to $124,000.00 /year
- management: 5 years (Preferred)