Veterinary Receptionist: Full-time Position.
The Veterinary Receptionist primary duty is interacting with clients and coordinating communication between doctors, assistants and the clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide top-notch customer service.
- Being attentive to client and pet needs.
- Identify and work compassionately with clients in various emotional states.
- Work patiently with distressed, frustrated or disgruntled clients.
- Answer and triage phone calls from clients.
- Schedule appointments and schedule procedures.
- Monitor client flow from check-in to discharge.
- Monitor schedule and flow.
- Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty practices.
- Assist in cleaning the hospital including but not limited to: keeping reception desk area and lobby clean and sanitary, taking out the trash and recycling, laundry, cleaning floors, bathrooms, exam rooms, kitchen and kennels if needed.
- Process payment transactions.
- Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or management.
- Computer skills: Able to use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email, web search and other skills needed to effectively use the practice management software program.
- AVImark skills are an asset, but not a requirement
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 1 year of customer service job-related experience.
- Must be able to safely lift 30 pounds.
- Basic math and writing skills.
- Veterinary Office Administration an asset (but not required)
Other: Receptionists must possess good critical thinking and problem solving skills, compassion, a positive attitude, follow-through and excellent communication and teamwork skills. Multitasking and accepting constructive criticism is essential. Punctuality is expected. This job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned. There may be additional responsibilities assigned as necessary. If you have questions or concerns about this job description, contact the us directly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- veterinary receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)