Position: Night Housekeeper (Multiple positions)
Location: Silver Birch Place, Sherwood Park
Operating 11 facilities including seniors’ lodges, apartment buildings, and an affordable family housing complex, Heartland Housing Foundation is known as a strong, collaborative organization and a leader in the social fabric of the region. At Heartland Housing Foundation we are committed to our culture of service and excellence as we continue to serve the people of our communities.
The Housekeeper is a member of the site front-line team of Heartland Housing Foundation (HHF) and contributes to the overall cleanliness and sanitation of resident rooms and buildings. They perform cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas. The Housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odours.
- Provides clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for HHF residents, employees, and the public.
- Ensures thorough cleaning of residents’ rooms and weekly linen changes as per cleaning schedule.
- Responds to emergency situations as they arise and provides appropriate follow-up and documentation for each situation.
- Knows and follows HHF Personnel policies, Health and Safety policies and standards, WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Accommodations Standards, Food Safety regulations, FOIP, PPCA, WCB and other relevant regulations and acts.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents and chemicals, compliance with WHMIS regulations required.
- Performs all tasks with care and attention. This includes the economical use of supplies, maintenance, care and use of equipment.
- Must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects or materials and the clean up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code exposure to biohazards, following universal precautions guidelines.
- Follows manufacturer guidelines and safe work procedures and practices when handling equipment. When necessary uses lock out procedures or “out of order” signage and reports to maintenance and management
- Contribute and participate to a safe and healthy workplace.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report all incidents and near misses.
- Report all hazards observed and implement necessary controls to ensure the health and safety of other workers, residents and visitors
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Experience with housekeeping and/or supportive living facilities preferred.
- Enjoys working with seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Strenuous physical activity including, but not limited to walking, standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.; stretch arms above head; bend to clean under furniture.
- May need to use stepladder to reach high places.
- Subject to dust, housekeeping and disinfecting solutions.
- Exposure to infectious diseases is possible.
- Full-time – Midnight – 8:00am; 5 days on; 3 days off rotation (1 opening)
- Part-time – Midnight – 8:00am; 3 days on; 5 days off rotation (1 opening)
Interested applicants please forward your resume including what position and appropriate hours you are applying for. This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Heartland Housing Foundation offers competitive salary and benefits packages, training opportunities and an incredible work environment. The successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable Criminal Records Check, 30 days current.
Job Type: Permanent
- housekeeping: 2 years (Preferred)