Area of Accountability: Provides support to the Production Preparation/Engineering departments.
PPI & drawing management
- Receiving, organizing and updating of Production Preparation Instructions (PPI)
- Receiving and organizing of part CAD files and data that applies to Engineering Change Instructions (ECI) as well as Production Preparation Instructions and others as applicable
- Review and summarize data from FNA ECI’s document, including downloading of ECI files, and recording of information on ECI list
- Create and distribute ECI summary/investigation sheet to related departments and follow-up to ensure timeliness and completion
- Summarize/gather and track ECI cost information and send to FNA sales, following up as required to ensure cost repayment
- Coordinate and lead ECI meetings, and update/distribute the meeting minutes
- Create and gather/summarize & update ECI overview schedules
- Maintain and update the PPG board with applicable ECI summary documents
- Create and update new project tracking data from inception to completion, following up with departments to ensure timely data updates for monitoring project completion percentage
- Coordinate and updating of customer surveys as required, as well as following up and requesting of data from supporting departments
- Support SPD/SED style supplier management including obtaining capacity and load surveys and monitor suppliers during launch phase
- Create and maintain master parts lists during pre-production phase
- Summarize Pre-production data for KPI purposes and summarize for monitoring and improving of future projects
- Liaison with FNA and Futaba Japan as required to ensure smooth transition of data and follow-up for new projects
- Tracking/summarizing of pre-production trials, including updating of pertinent documentation
- Summarize and visualize capital budget tracking for all departments for new projects
- Review and summarize Pre-production trial event instruction documents, communicate and follow-up that supporting departments are taking actions to follow basic timelines
- Determine requirements/modifications required to equipment for process change/engineering changes (ECI).
- Support PE Specialists by creating detailed designs, drawings and documents to countermeasure daily production issues.
- Support PE Specialists by planning, installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post –secondary degree/diploma or a minimum of five (5) years previous manufacturing experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- PMP Designation, an asset.
- Must be highly organized and available to support overtime.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, as well as a basic understanding of CAD data translation and viewing (AutoCad and SolidWorks).
- Sound judgment in decision making and establishing priorities.
- Proactive and oriented to make improvements in systems and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Experience with general manufacturing process, including stamping, welding and assembly are desirable.
FIO Automotive Canada Corporation is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- manufacturing engineering: 5 years (Required)