Funeral Director Position
Full-time opportunity at our Brantford, Cambridge and Mississauga Locations.
If you are a passionate and dedicated Funeral Director looking to contribute to a fast-paced and growing company, this position could be for you!
Tranquility Burial & Cremation Services Inc. is a low cost, all-inclusive, alternative funeral home, privately owned by the Silverthorne family and is committed to offering respectful, honest and professional services. We are currently seeking 2 full-time Funeral Directors to work various assigned shifts in both Mississauga and Brantford locations. Reporting to the Manager of Funeral Directors at Tranquility, Mississauga location, you will work as part of an inter-professional team. In this role you will carry out assigned duties, particularly specific to ensuring a professional environment is upheld. As well, you will contribute to the organization by promoting and supporting the dignity of our clients, recognizing their emotional and cultural well-being.
More specifically, as a Funeral Director, you will:
- Arrange funerals, direct cremations and pre-arrangements
- Care for deceased such as but not limited to embalming, casketing, dressing and cosmetics
- Assist with transfers of deceased when necessary
- Prepare and be able to conduct funerals
- Provide the best possible care for the families we serve
- Assist with administrative duties and housekeeping duties
- Offer assistance and support to bereaved
- Support a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements.
- A valid Driver’s License & Clean driving record
- Class 1 Funeral Directors license; 2-5 years experience preferred
- Knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices
- Must be detail-oriented and professional
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse ethno-cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to take direction well and work effectively both in a team environment team and independently
Salary Range: Competitive Salary, benefits, clothing allowance
Please visit https://tranquilitycremation.com/ to learn more about our organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-03-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,449.00-$59,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- On call