Hours of Work:
Time of Day:
Days, Afternoons, Weekends
HIM operational work requires more HIM knowledge and ability to effectively utilize software and applications to support HIM input workflows (quality, PHA/PHIPA/Bylaw compliance/enforcement, analysis, internal and external electronic documentation review and indexing, data integrity) and HIM output workflows (Disclosure, Registration Data Integrity, Providing Information and Intake for Patients/Public engaging HIM services)
- Medical Office Administration College Diploma, including completion of Medical Terminology required
- University Degree preferred
- CHIMA studies in progress or completed preferred
- 1-5 years HIM operational experience or combination of 2-5 years HIM education and related experience
- Must have experience working with Electronic Medical Record (EMR)/Clinical Information systems, preferably Epic system
- Must have experience and skill using MS Office suite - with intermediate skill level for MS Word and MS Excel
- Must have intermediate skill for spelling, medical spelling and medical terminology
- Customer service skills, conflict resolution, excellent communication skills needed to work with public and internal clients including physicians and registered health professionals
- Must be confident and comfortable managing workload independently, may escalate complex or difficult issues
- Excellent discretion, flexibility, attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy and data integrity, as well as compliance with legal and policy requirements
- Must work under urgent deadlines and be able to prioritize
HOURS OF WORK:
- Conducts chart analysis of system and non-system generated documentation, including intake/ processing, quality review, preparation and indexing of non-system generated and scanned chart documentation in electronic Legal Medical Record (eLMR), as well as on-site retention and provision of support and guidance to clinics and clinical staff tasked with point of service scanning duties.
- Using Epic system electronic tools and workqueues, provides routine compliance monitoring and supports policy compliance with Public Hospitals Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Mental Health Act, Hospital Bylaws and Rules and Regulations provisions re: chart completion/deficiency management, chart accuracy, documentation quality and integrity, escalating issues to the HIM Administrator, Analysts or Manager as required.
- Provides general information regarding Dragon Medical One (DMO) to end users, escalating end user specific issues to HIM Administrator as required .
- Processes requests for disclosure in accordance with PHIPA or SJHH routine disclosure procedures using Epic system Release of Information modalities
- Provides general information regarding HIM services and processes to patients, staff and members of the public, responding to queries in person, by phone, mail and electronic communications
- Manages inbound and outbound communications related to HIM and report distribution, including fax and electronic communication, and monitors for misdirected or failed communications, reporting miscommunications to the Privacy Office and HIM Manager for provider registry updates as appropriate
- All other duties as assigned
Rotating shifs, days, afternoons, weekends
$25.08.....$26.19.....$27.26 (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
All positions will comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton. We foster a culture of patient and staff safety.