The Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor assists in the provision of independent, objective assurance and consulting services to executive management and the Board to help ensure that the AGLC’s IT related risk management, control, and governance processes are adequate and functioning such that risks are appropriately identified and managed.
The Senior IT Auditor will plan and carry out complex audits designed to add value and to improve the internal operations of the AGLC as defined in the annual Internal Audit Plan and assigned by the IT Audit Manager. Such audits may include assessment of entity level, general and application IT controls across the organization. Initially the focus of this position will be the AGLC’s portfolio and project management activity.
In order to be successful in this role the incumbent would possess superior communication and interpersonal skills; proficiency in applying internal auditing standards, risk management practices and industry best practices; advanced knowledge of desktop tools and the ability to learn and to use specialized audit software. As a seasoned professional the incumbent would be required to explain complex concepts to non-technical staff, maintain good relationships with clients and act with diplomacy to resolve conflicts constructively. The incumbent must maintain technical competence through continuing professional development.
- University degree in a related discipline with 4 years related IT, auditing experience.
- Either a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation or Security Management designation (CISM or CISSP) from the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) I International Information Systems Security Certification
- Consortium or working towards these designations. Combination of CIA with related experience will also be considered.
- Proficiency in applying internal auditing standards, procedures and techniques, risk management practices, procedures and protocols and industry best practices.
- Audit software such as ACL (Audit Command Language).
- Familiarity with and practical experience applying the Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) framework is an asset.
- Certifications in the following: CIA designation (Certified Internal Auditor), ISP designation (Information Systems Professional), ITIL certification (Information Tech Infrastructure Library), Prince2 or PMP (Project Management Professional) designation, CA, CMA or CGA (Accounting designation) are an asset.
Note: This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
ABOUT THE DIVISION & BRANCH
Corporate Strategic Services Division
The division provides enterprise-wide services supporting management throughout the organization as well as external stakeholders. The division includes strategy and planning; policy and communications, enterprise risk and business continuity and internal audit. The focus of the division is on creating and implementing programs to support management meet or achieve their strategic and operational objectives.
The branch assists AGLC leadership in creating progressive gaming, liquor and cannabis experiences by promoting effective and reasonable internal controls. Internal Audit protects the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization value by bringing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
NOTE: To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. As a condition of employment you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $76,977.00 to $101,434.00 /year
- Control Objectives for Information and related Technology: 1 year (Required)
- Auditing software: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation: 1 year (Preferred)
- applying internal auditing standards and procedures: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)