Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of essential environmental and industrial services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers, including those in the manufacturing, mining, municipal, oil and gas, pulp and paper, refining and petrochemical, transportation, and utilities sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ approximately 2,000 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations across Canada.
At Terrapure, we’re Changing Waste for Good. We see both economy and environment as invaluable, understanding one cannot be prioritized at the expense of the other. With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, we provide services that reduce the volume of waste requiring disposal, recover value from industrial by-products, and restore industrial operations to peak efficiency. We provide these services through an extensive coast-to-coast facility network and through field services deployed on customer sites.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com
We are a proudly Canadian company in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing industry. With the tremendous opportunity to “change the way the world thinks about waste”, we need talented individuals like you to match the breadth of our mission. Come with your sleeves rolled up and get ready to grow!
At Terrapure, we are guided by our core values of Safety, Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Environmental Stewardship and Doing More. We are committed to fostering a positive, progressive, and diverse corporate culture. We support our employees and the communities where we live and work through activities and investment that align with what we do and what we believe in. By joining Terrapure, you can make a difference with your career, your community and our planet.
Terrapure offers competitive compensation, an attractive benefits plan, an excellent work-life balance and family-friendly perks! If you’re ready for a challenge and want to help us work towards strengthening our position as one of Canada’s leading environmental companies, we want to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the Regional Commercial Manager, the Sales Representative is responsible for sales growth & customer retention. This will be achieved through aggressive new business development, by maintaining relationships and growing services with existing customers.
The defined sales territory is Edmonton and area with support for Northern Alberta.
This position is ideally suited for someone with history excelling at sales into industrial manufacturing, petrochemical, mining, Government, institutional, environmental consulting and broker clients. This position is accountable for leading and facilitating contact with key and target customers by selling a full suite of company products and services. Working well with teams is critical to success in this role.
- Exceed revenue and margin budgets within a defined customer base & market segment year over year
- Develop new business opportunities by prospecting, networking, sales calls generation, and by travelling throughout a defined sales territory
- Identify and propose new solution based services to key and targeted customers
- Expand business opportunities and manage relationships with existing customers
- Provide technical service knowledge and support to customer base
- Identify pricing levels and opportunities to win new business
- Establish contract terms and conditions with key and targeted customers
- Develop and execute an annual sales plans that meets or exceeds revenue and margin targets
- Monitor activity levels and revenues from customers to report on performance
- Develop comprehensive marketing reports that include new business opportunities, critical success factors, market expectations, industry knowledge and competition
- Work with Branch Manager and Technical Group to maximize sales and service within territory
- Work with Customer Service to identify issues and implement correction actions in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Assist in revenue forecasting and budgeting.
Experience & Education
- University or college education in Sciences, Business, Engineering or Project Management
- Minimum of 5-7years of previous waste management or heavy industrial sales experience
- Previous experience selling solution based sales and services is a definite asset
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader Sales Team
- Experience using Salesforce an asset.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.