Casual Nurses LPN
Country Squire Villa is a 31-bed, psycho-social rehabilitation facility located in the beautiful town of Osoyoos, BC. Surrounded by desert, vineyards, mountains and lake, our facility is therapeutic with a homespun feel.
Country Squire Villa is a home to residents living with serious and persistent mental health challenges, requiring 24 hour nursing and individualized rehabilitative support. Working in partnership with the BC Interior Health Authority, we offer competitive, unionized wages and benefits.
Country Squire Villa has an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at their Adult Psychiatric Facility. The LPN has a pivotal role in providing clinical intervention and treatment to residents experiencing mental health crisis. The LPN is required to work collaboratively with physicians, staff and management, and other departments within Interior Health Authority. Working within a multidisciplinary team of compassionate and dedicated heath care professionals, you will utilize your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to competently provide direct patient and family centered care to residents across the life span. You will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of safe, quality care following policies and guidelines of Country Squire Villa. While demonstrating professionalism and competency, you will have the ability to respond appropriately to a patient’s change in status and prioritize conflicting demands. You accept responsibility for continuing competencies through ongoing professional development, including participation in education programs, and continuous improvement activities.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you are part of an interprofessional health care team utilizing nursing processes, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills. You will be guided by your education, experience, demonstrated skill level and Country Squire Villa policies and procedures. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values Country Squire Villa.
- Two years recent related experience in a mental health environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Confidence and experience with life skills teaching and training, rehabilitation, longer stay, and preparation for return to the community as part of a recovery process from a psychiatric disorder.
- A current and full practicing license with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Current CPR certification
- A current and clear Criminal Record Check Form and Clearance Letter prior to the hire date
- Class V BC Driver’s License
- Required Immunizations & Doctor’s Certificate
Non Violent Crisis Intervention training
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing,
· Ability to deal with others effectively.
· Ability to organize work.
· Ability to operate related equipment.
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $28.43-$32.98 per hour