Plexxus is a not-for-profit shared services organization which provides value added services to its Member and Customer hospitals.
Plexxus provides Logistics (Distribution, In-Hospital Logistics, Purchasing, Product Support, Accounts Payable), Strategic (Sourcing, Spend Management, Supplier Management, Contract Management, Innovation & Strategic Partnerships) and Support and Enablement (Information Technology, Data Governance & Management, Customer Relationship Management, Corporate (Human Resources, Finance), Customer Support services.
V*I*SION: Plexxus is the leading shared service organization in Canadian healthcare.
MIS*SION*: Plexxus relentlessly delivers value to its Members and Customers through service excellence.
V*A*LUES: Excellence, Responsive, Accountable, Collaborative
Plexxus serves a diverse group of hospitals consisting of specialty, community based, academic and research hospitals. Plexxus Member hospitals include: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, Lakeridge Health, North York General, Sinai Health, St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Scarborough Health Network, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Michael Garron Hospital, University Health Network, and Women’s College Hospital. Plexxus Customer hospitals include: Campbellford Memorial Hospital, Haliburton Highlands Health Services, Mackenzie Health, Oak Valley Health, Northumberland Hills Hospital, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, Ross Memorial Hospital, Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, Southlake Regional Health Centre, and Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
We are recruiting a Buyer to work at our corporate head office in downtown Toronto Richmond Hill and be broadly responsible for the following:
- Perform order entry of requisitions received from the customer base and generate subsequent purchase orders
- Maintain files and provide information to customers and suppliers concerning relevant purchasing policies and procedures
- Manage “Match Audit”: Liaise with customer base, Accounts Payable, Receiving, Buyers and Suppliers to resolve discrepancies on the weekly Match Audit reports
- Review and verify material and service requests from customers
- Issue purchase orders to effectively purchase equipment, material and services at the lowest overall cost that is consistent with satisfactory performance, quality and service
- Process orders for material/services in a timely and efficient manner to ensure deadlines are met
- Recommend opportunities for long term supply agreement(s) to the manager.
- Resolve problems, expedite orders and coordinate repairs and returns
- Resolve and manage “Open Purchase Orders”
- Provide reports on project development updates as required
- Work collaboratively to maintain adequate departmental coverage and ensure service level commitments are met
- Obtain quotes, perform analysis and prepare recommendations
- Participate in completing various reports and maintaining purchasing related databases
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years’ experience in a purchasing environment preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Reliable and focused, with keen interest in contributing significantly to the Plexxus Purchasing team
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to the end user and work collaboratively with team members
- Experience in administering terms and conditions of purchase orders and formal contracts
- Ability to organize, control and coordinate a variety of activities in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Knowledge and experience in materials provisioning and an understanding of business and legal issues
- Excellent communication and analytical abilities
- Mathematical aptitude and proficient PC skills
- Adaptable and flexible; willing to take on new responsibilities as assigned
- Basic knowledge of SAP desirable
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline an asset.
- CSCMP designation, completed or in progress preferred
While Plexxus thanks all applicants, we advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Plexxus is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants who are selected for an interview are advised that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes used in the selection process.
Reference ID: PL_946, 972
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
Precautions as advised by the provincial government including mask wearing, physical distancing, courier arrangements.
- Purchasing: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer relationship management: 1 year (preferred)