Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
- Maintenance and repair of all land-based assets of the museum, may be requested to work in other areas, if necessary
- Monitoring of systems as required
- Cleanup of property and removal of excess garbage, compost cleaning
- Performing regular washroom checks and cleaning as required
- Perform sanitization routine, multiple times daily
- Operation and care of maintenance related machinery & tools
- Diligent site evaluation to ensure visitor & staff safety
- Assist with the mentoring and orientation of new staff, as required
- Purchase supplies related to maintenance
- Distributes supplies to proper storage areas
- Knowledge and ability to participate in emergency procedures
- Maintenance and use of museum truck
- Work on exhibits and other assignments as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, in consultation with Curators
- Assist Boat Builder if required
- Answer general visitor questions relating to site
- Perform related duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor
- Certification or working knowledge of mechanical maintenance.
- Minimum of high school or an acceptable combination of education, training & experience
- Experience in working with electrical and plumbing systems an asset
- Experience in systems monitoring a definite asset
- Ability to complete maintenance logs, purchasing records and required documentation
- Carpentry skills an asset
- Experience in working in vessel/wharf environment an asset
- Physically capable to complete manual labour
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Safety certification a definite asset - including lock out-tag out, WHIMS, first aid
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/procedures
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Genuine interest in communicating with people.
- Enthusiastic manner
- Able to work on weekends and evenings and be on call
- Ability to work a forty (40) hour work week
- Provide a current Vulnerable Sector check
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Regular job performance reviews are conducted and reflect current job description criteria.
Every employee of the FMA is required to strive toward excellence in customer service. All responsibilities must be carried in a professional manner toward public and fellow employees.
Every employee is an important part of our team and must contribute positively to our team.
Each employee must be diligent working safe and ensuring the safety of our visitors and fellow employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 9 months
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Follow current Government protocols
- Are you able to legally work in Canada?
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-17
Expected start date: 2023-04-03