NEXT BIG THING CANADA www.nextbigthingmag.bigcartel.com
The team at Next Big Thing Canada is in search to include unique writers/interviewers that want to invest in themselves to build something special and join the team.
Next Big Thing is focused on film/TV, music, social culture, pop culture, politics, fashion, with everything tied to social issues that affect and influence women across the world.
This opportunity is for applicants that desire to create a voice & write for a purpose. Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to build a platform relating to their heart desire that connect to the core values of the magazine.
Next Big Thing Magazine is a full-colour publication that celebrates today's woman.
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Success applicants will be required to:
- Conduct Interviews
- Write articles based on the interviews, and research conducted
- Applicant must have a Communication/Journalism background, either academic qualifications with 3 - 4 years or working experience in communication/journalism
- Applicant must have a good writing skill/experience: your grammar skills must be good both in writing and in your verbal communication
- Applicant must be interested in information research, interviewing and have a passion for finding information
- Applicant must have conducted interviews x written editorial content related to political, and/or social issues related to North America, and other global regions* (* represents not a must)
- Applicant must have conducted interviews x written editorial content related to analyzing film/TV, and Music, and discussing the intersection between film/TV or music relating to ongoing social issues
- Applicant MUST be living in the local Ottawa area
- Applicant should have a keen interest keeping up to date with current news/events: local and international
If you have a strong desire to build something you're passionate about relating to the above, please send your resume, writing portfolio including a detailed cover letter.
Acceptable portfolio that can be submitted:
- Youtube video links of your interview style
- Writing portfolio: web links, and documents
*CRITERIA FOR FIRST STAGE SELECTION PROCESS:
- Applicants with the best presentation
- Applicants with the interest in current news
- Applicants that clearly demonstrate the ability to debate and present points on current issues
This is a PAID position. Starting from $50 to $100 per article.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $50.00-$100.00 per hour
If your application gets accepted and you move to the level II of this process, each applicant will be required to do a video conference call either on Zoom or Google Video Hangout.