Clearwater County is a rural municipality in Central Alberta with proximity to the mountains and abundant recreational activities. Our ratepayers are a critical part of our planning, budget and delivery of programs. We are looking for the right person to fit our Operations and Infrastructure components of Public Works. We are providing a full-time temporary two (2) year position and anticipate bringing on the successful candidate by the end of this year or early January 2020.
If you are a recent graduate, or will be graduating by the end of this year, consider working for us to gain ‘boots on the ground’ experience in:
- Working with our staff in support of our road construction and rehabilitation, facilities, gravel operations, bridge and maintenance inspections, wastewater operations, surface roads, ditches, culverts and approaches;
- Analyze and optimize current routes;
- Prepare grant proposals;
- Review engineering and contract documents;
- Research specifications proposed by the County’s engineering subcontractors;
- Attend site inspections and become familiar with ratepayer and landowner issues; and,
- Draft and present information to Council.
- Recent or soon to graduate from post-secondary in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology;
- Eligibility to meet A.S.E.T./A.P.E.G.A. membership;
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and formulate engineering requirements.;
- Proficiency in computer literacy and applying varying technologies;
- Excellent level of oral, written, presentation and communication skills;
- Commitment to being part of a customer-focused team.
We value accountability, integrity, community, service, and communications. Are you the fit for us? If so, please email [word or pdf format only] your resume, indicating your qualifications and interest.
Clearwater County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Internship
- English (Preferred)