Are you interested in joining our game-changing supply chain in Vegreville, Alberta. Reporting to the General Manager, our Vegreville location is seeking an experienced and responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and reception tasks. Duties will include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company's general administrative activities.
- Ensuring the General Manager, Operations Manager, GrainsConnect and GrainCorp teams are supported in administration
- Provide reception services including greeting and directing visitors/contractors, answering telephone calls and handling messages.
- Maintain and update phone system and perform basic IT troubleshooting including Payworks timeclock and general office equipment
- Order stationary, equipment and kitchen supplies; ensure accuracy of invoices and obtain approvals for payment
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports and emails
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes on a daily basis; arrange for courier pickup and delivery as needed
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, assist with special events, order lunches and catering.
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings, complete daily report and take minutes for monthly safety meeting. Ensure all safety protocols are done in a timely manner.
- Assist with OH&S and operational items including ensuring employee records and training certifications are up to date; book training sessions when required, updating safety procedural manual and assisting with weekly operational meeting minutes
- Documentation maintenance including electronic and hard copy filing
- Ensure the reception area, kitchen and boardroom are presentable, tidy and free of safety hazards
- Strong administrative skills, minimum of one year of administrative experience preferred
- Possess a friendly, supportive manner with interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with contractors, truck drivers, co-workers, management and the general public
- Strong organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail and follow through skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel; basic knowledge of Power Point and SharePoint and an ability to learn new applications/systems as required is an asset
- Ability to effectively manage change and handle multiple, conflicting priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience when working in a fast paced environment and willingness to provide support wherever required
- Compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures, best practices and government legislation
- Minimum High School diploma
GrainsConnect offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and an opportunity to grow your career. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All inquiries will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Job Type: Full-time