At Saputo, we make contributions that matter every day. We’re a growing team of dedicated and passionate people around the world with a longstanding history of excellence. Each of our employees bring their best every day, and together we create the high-quality products our customers and consumers enjoy.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
This position is responsible for the supervision of plant operations in the production area and personnel in order to produce quality Dairy (Cheese) products in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner. Production Supervisor will be required to be available for all shifts.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance to production personnel;
- Supervision, evaluation, motivation and training of personnel to ensure work is completed efficiently, effectively and safely;
- Ensures the efficient and effective use of manpower, equipment and material resources;
- Schedules equipment and personnel to ensure production requirements are met on a timely basis;
- Ensures that safe conditions exist at all times within the work environment; will take appropriate action to protect the health and safety of employees;
- Manages the Food Safety Program;
- Develops and fosters strong and effective functional and cross-functional teams that effectively change systems and procedures through the process of continuous improvement;
- Effectively uses daily production information to track costs, measure trends, and communicate results, positively re-enforce success and initiate corrective action when appropriate;
- Ensures the Company’s quality and sanitation standards are met through close liaison with Quality Services, full participation in the HACCP and Environment programs, as well as frequent review and implementation of Company and Government Policies;
- Administers environmental policies and ensures regulations are followed;
- Communicates with the Maintenance Department to maximize machine efficiencies and monitor equipment performance;
- Administers the Collective Agreement and maintains effective internal and external working relationships;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Dairy or Food manufacturing environment;
- Post secondary education in Food Sciences, Dairy Technology, Microbiology or other related education/experience would be an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of dairy operations with particular emphasis on processing and sanitation;
- Working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.);
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated analytical organizational skills;
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, possess high degree of initiative, work well under pressure;
- Proficiency and dependability in current position;
- Must be available to work shift work, holidays, and weekends, being on call;