CANDIDATE PROFILE: The ideal Candidate is a graduate of a Post-Secondary Culinary program with experience in a high volume fast paced kitchen environment.
SCOPE OF POSITION: Effectively support the Executive Chef with overseeing all aspects of the Commissary, Catering and Park-wide kitchen and food production operations.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Executive Chef with menu development & selection, supplier selection, purchasing, warehousing and distribution
- Hires, trains and develops all production staff for the Food & Beverage Division
- Responsible for the quality, consistency, safety and execution of food service preparation and production
- Communicates with the full-time management team regarding day to day operational needs
- Ensures all assigned locations are compliant with health & safety regulations, equipment safety and the Employment Standards Act
- Ensures assigned locations are adhering to proper controls related to food preparation, storage, portion controls, equipment, facility maintenance and inventory.
- Monitors service and quality to ensure standards are met
- Assist Executive Chef with quality, COS and menus for park operation and catering events
- Coach, counsel, and mentor seasonal chefs and cooks
- Provides kitchen supervision for the training and development of all seasonal supervisory team members
- Optimizes financial results by controlling costs (i.e. food waste, food production)
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment
- Ability to work on other duties, tasks and projects that may be assigned
- Assist Executive Chef with improving food quality, consistency and Everclean audit scores.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a Sous Chef in a fast pace, multi‑unit facility
- Experience with high volume catering coupled with the proven ability to execute
- Past experience in food purchasing, warehousing commissary kitchen and stewarding department a must
- Completion or working towards Red Seal Trade Qualifications or Equivalent
- Prior experience with budgets, cost of sales and pricing
- Proven experience with menu development, training and development
- Valid Ontario Driver's license is a must
- Excellent understanding of food equipment, food storage and food safety practices.
- Experience working in a seasonal environment is a plus
- Food Handler Certification. Certification for Serve Safe, Smart serve and Proton is an asset
- Must be proficient with Word and Excel
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to motivate staff
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Human Resource Division, 9580 Jane Street Vaughan, Ontario fax 905-832-7545
Send resume and salary expectations to Susan Edwards, Director of Human Resources
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sous Chef: 2 years (Preferred)
- multi-unit: 2 years (Preferred)