Why join us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
Oxford’s commitment to customer service forms the foundation for everything we do. Invested in delivering service excellence, Oxford offers a dynamic and collaborative team environment with several growth opportunities. We are committed to delivering exceptional service in every interaction, every day. Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, and working alongside the Assistant Property Manager, you will be committed to providing an exceptional guest experience, lead the new roaming ambassador program, and ensuring every guest interaction is carried out in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Supervise, empower and coach the Guest Experience team to create memorable guest experiences and ensure all Oxford Service Excellence standards are followed, during every interaction.
- Model exemplary customer service skills and spend 60% of the week on the floor to supervise the team, as well as conduct all service functions of the Guest Experience Desk, including selling gift cards, assisting guests, gift wrapping, maintaining supply stock levels and assisting team members.
- Alongside Human Resources, hire all Guest Experience staff and co-ordinate the deliver of the new hire on-boarding training.
- Manage and update daily the OxComm program to ensure all departments are aware of daily centre activities via iPads;
- Manage STC’s Gift Card program in compliance with all Oxford polices. Intensify program to grow corporate and shopping centre sales;
- Schedule Guest Experience staff to support on-mall activations and tourism visits in conjunction with special Marketing programs and tourism initiatives;
- Work with the Lead Hand to ensure each Guest Experience staff member is trained to effectively represent the Scarborough Town Centre Brand. Perform all pay-roll, inventory of Gift Cards, and managing gift card requests.
- Establish staff uniform guidelines, order uniforms for new hires and ensure uniforms standards are being met; as well as facilitate uniform dry cleaning services on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate and assist in the development, execution, and training of all guest experience & tourism programs.
- Coordinate bi-monthly team meetings to communicate, educate and provide property updates.
- Effectively communicate marketing promotions, in-centre events and tenant activity to the team in a timely manner.
- Handle guest and/or team concerns, including documentation, timely follow-up, and notifying relevant departments to ensure guest/team satisfaction.
- Provide leadership, encouragement, recognition and discipline to the Guest Experience team.
- Oversee the daily functions of the Guest Experience department, including gift card reconciliation reports, deposits and other administrative tasks.
- Create and monitor the employee schedule, including training and vacation.
- Be responsible for the overall appearance of the Guest Experience desks, count room and staff lounge, ensuring any deficiencies are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy in all guest interaction communication tools (e.g. directory updates, phone messages, Kipsu messages and website) as well as face-to-face interactions.
- Oversee and manage inventory levels and expenditures (e.g. gift card stock, general supplies, gift wrap, promo items)
- Assist in managing and tracking the Guest Experience budget and provide input during annual budget preparations.
- Update and maintain all tracking and reporting of Guest Experience programs (e.g. interactions, services, tourism programs).
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the shopping centre’s services, amenities/facilities, stores/locations and promotional activities.
- Work with Guest Experience Manager to organize and conduct bi-monthly Guest Experience team meetings
- College Diploma/University Degree with a focus on hospitality/tourism, marketing or a related program.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a customer service and/or hospitality related industry.
- Ability to inspire excellence and lead a large team.
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide exceptional guest experiences
- Ability to effectively communicate and build rapport with the Guest Experience team, as well as retailers, management, service providers, and all of the shopping centre personnel.
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced environment, with the capability to problem-solve and multi-task, while maintaining a high-level of professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Conflict resolution and management skills.
- Must be friendly, approachable, proactive and solution-focused.
- Computer skills – including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and social media tools.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
ABOUT OXFORD PROPERTIES GROUP Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages approximately $60 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's municipal employees.OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.