The primary focus for this position is to effectively and efficiently review mortgage documentation prior to funding of residential mortgage deals, providing a high level of customer service to MCAN’s customers in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties will include and will not be limited to: follow up with mortgage brokers/customers for outstanding documents and ensure each document is reviewed, complete and accurate. Assisting with all paperwork, compliance, customer service and follow-up tasks. This position also involves prioritizing, investigating and ensuring all policies and guidelines are met. Files need to be ready for Quality Control (QC) when they leave the Mortgage Fulfilment Officer and go to the Funder. The Fulfilment Officer must be able to maintain independence to be able to make appropriate decisions in regards to quality control to ensure valid and enforceable security on every funded mortgage.
Document Collection and File Maintenance
- Follow-up with mortgage brokers/clients for outstanding documents and ensure each document is complete and accurate.
- Update OMIGA as required to accurately reflect documentation provided by broker/clients.
- Ensure files are completed and compliant within 5 business days of closing date.
- Maintain a satisfactory average of funded files each month as based upon peer volumes.
- Ensure all relevant notes, including follow-up and status of files, are entered into system correctly.
- Maintain working knowledge of broker tiers to ensure MCAN’s service levels are met and ensure the Underwriter’s and Insurer (Genworth/CMHC, etc.) commitment conditions/special conditions are fulfilled and all related documentation are uploaded on OMIGA.
- Ensure all changes to relevant deals are entered into OMIGA, insurers are updated, and new Commitment/Certificate of Insurance are uploaded to OMIGA to match information in the system.
- Ensure the GDS/TDS ratios are in line and ensure mortgage insurance premium matches insurance certificate prior to closing.
- Accurately review files based on MCAN’s lending procedures while maintaining the following productivity: number of files reviewed/productive hours must be at or above peer average.
- Review documentation to the transaction and client identification and ID Forms are in order to ensure that all funding and AML criteria have been satisfied and outstanding conditions are met by prescribed deadlines.
- Maintain a compliance ratio of at least 92% on monthly audits.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of company policies, procedures and products.
- Ensure files are accurately reviewed and archived to achieve strong QC audit results.
- Perform well on post-funding audits and learn from past audits to improve files going forward.
- Ensure that all communication with partner, brokers, clients and internal staff is accurate and spell check and/or grammar check has been used to minimize errors.
- Staff members to ensure all communications (verbal and written) meet professional standards.
- Commitment to the integrity of data: entering correct, accurate information in correct format.
Broker/Client Service and Relationship Building
- Illustrate a strong commitment to broker/client service including 1st contact upon receipt of commitment signed back, and forward outstanding documentation list/checklist within 24 hours of receipt of signed commitment.
- Display confident and knowledgeable approach in conversations with broker/client partners.
- Acknowledge incoming documentation within 4 hours of receipt and respond to brokers/clients within 24 hours advising of any issues/questions.
- Any delays and/or challenges which arise with documentation are to be dealt with in a professional and courteous manner.
- Escalate any challenges to Underwriter/Manager as necessary.
- Keep the Underwriter/Manager apprised of any recurring broker/client issues.
Reliability & Code of Conduct
- Be reliable and dependable to MCAN and to business partners.
- When absent from the office, properly updating voicemail response, email out of office reply, and advice manager(s) of your absence.
- All team members are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments and as such, should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with MCAN’s policies, guidelines and directions.
- Illustrate cordial and professional conduct with co-workers and business partners
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Regional Business Managers (RBM), Mortgage Underwriters and Mortgage Funders to ensure smooth and efficient closing of your files.
- Assist other Fulfillment Officers as well as Mortgage Funders with administration of files when required.
- Participate in and provide cross-training to teammates and co-workers as required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with interdepartmental staff members to ensure company goals and objectives are achieved.
- Keep lines of communication with other departments open and positive.
- Provide assistance to other departments when required.
- Keeps informed of and be willing to implement service improvements, new concepts, software technology etc. that will improve the operating efficiency of the mortgage broker lending function.
- Consider, recommend and when appropriate, implement efficiencies and improved systems and processes.
- Attend meetings as required
Normal working hours are between 8am ~ 8pm, Monday through Friday with total of 37.5 per week, however working outside the standard business hours/days may be required depending on business needs.