We are seeking potential candidates for Temporary Support Worker Positions within our organization. Successful candidates will support and Empower people with developmental disabilities with day to day living, while adhering to our Principles of Service.
- The people accessing our services must be viewed as individuals each with their own ideas and desires.
- Every effort must be made to ensure the maximum amount of freedom for people while providing for personal safety.
- Our services must encourage and assist people to make their own choices about the lives that they lead.
- We should encourage responsible choices and encourage individuals to assume responsibility for their lives and community.
- We must encourage people to recognize and obtain their social rights,
- We must identify where help is needed and wanted and provide help in a manner that does not create excessive dependence.
- The normal desire for human relationships with friends and family will be encouraged and assisted where desired by the individual.
- Everything we do must give value to individuals.
- Independence, relationships and personal growth should be encouraged.
- People should be allowed to make choices about how they will participate in work and leisure.
- People must have the experience of privacy, equality and comfort in their own home.
- Every effort must be made to develop and enhance a person's value in their social network and in the community of Ingersoll.
- It is our practice to look to the community first, to meet individual needs.
- Must Cleared from Travel, health conditions due to Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Must be ok to work with either suspected or confirmed individuals with Covid-19.
Qualifications: Developmental Service Worker diploma preferred. Related experience in supporting people with disabilities in community living an asset. Strong interpersonal communication and teams skills are necessary. Candidates must hold a valid "G" driver's license.
Hours of work are based on the people we support's needs. Shifts will be offered in a variety of lengths and may include, days, afternoons, nights, weekends, and public holidays. We are currently seeking candidates who have the ability to be flexible in their work hours and who are confident in their skills and ability to transfer knowledge from individual to individual and work at a variety of group living locations.
Competitive salary, benefits and opportunity for training provided.
Starting rate is $19.95 for awake hours with a sleep rate of $14.00 *Currently the Government of Ontario is providing an additional $4.00 per hour Pandemic Pay as well as $250 per month to people who work 100 hours in a 4 week period.*
If you feel you can make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities and want a rewarding career, please forward resume and letter of interest.
Thank you to all applicants only those selected to begin the selection process will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.95 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ingersoll, ON (Preferred)