Thermogenics is a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians. With its comprehensive product and service offering, Thermogenics functions as a one-stop shop for all of its customers’ steam and heating requirements.
The company currently operates from its Head Office, manufacturing and service facility in Aurora, ON and maintains separate sales and service offices in Ottawa, ON and Cincinnati, OH.
We are looking for a quick learner will to learn how we do things.
- Operation of lathe, mills, drill presses
- Move and align subassemblies and components;
- Read and interpret blueprints;
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers);
- Fit and assemble prefabricated metal parts to build heavy industrial machinery;
- Install major components such as gears, pumps, motors or hydraulic assemblies
- Performing other duties as required
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Installation; Inspection; pumps and motors
- Equipment and Machinery Experience; lathe, mills, drill presses
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Metal cutting, forming or bending dies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- 2 – 5 years industry experience
- Minimum Grade 12 education; College Diploma (or equivalent) preferred
The physical demands of the role are typical of a machinist’s role and require operating within a shop floor environment.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation: This position is a full-time role with a three (3) month probationary period. Hours of work are 40 hours / week and structured according to the plant schedule as follows:
Monday – Thursday 6:30am – 3:45pm
Friday 6:30am – 11:30am
Must also be available for potential afternoon shift. Occasional overtime (e.g. evenings and weekends) work may become available as required in the business and paid at overtime rates.
We expect to compensate the successful candidate at hourly rates consistent with market and based on experience.
The role is entitled to 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays.
Location: Aurora, ON
We are an equal opportunity employer. Thermogenics welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)