Great West Kenworth Lethbridge
3995 2nd Ave N Lethbridge, AB T1H 0C8
- 3rd Year Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or higher
- Preferable dealer experience and certified on engine platforms
- $24-$32 per hour depending on experience
Great West Kenworth Ltd is one of Canada’s leading heavy truck dealerships with six branches spread all over Alberta; Calgary, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat (Redcliff).
Great West Kenworth supply and service trucks for long haul, construction, and oil fields. We are the leader in the Alberta/Northwest heavy trucking industry for over 49 years and provide an excellent work environment, competitive salary, stability and career progression avenues to skilled and dedicated professionals.
We currently looking for a position of a 3rd Year Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician or higher.
AT GREAT WEST KENWORTH WE ENABLE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES TO GROW AND PROSPER
OUR MISSION: We support our community with exceptional timely service, by caring individuals, whose knowledge of our premium products create a lasting positive impression.
OUR VISION: We will create an experience that enables everyone to move forward, Financially, Knowledgeably, and with Dignity.
OUR VALUES: Integrity, Financial Stability, Knowledge, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration, Learning
IDEAL KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Paccar Engine experience
- Kenworth Cab and Chassis electronic experience
- Cummins ISX 2010 and newer certification
- Eaton Transmission and Dana/Spicer experience
- Familiar with software diagnostics such as Davie 4, Cummins Insite, ESA, BENDIX, Service Ranger or equivalent.
DAILY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all truck systems used in the Kenworth product line.
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals on paper and in PC based formats.
- Write and type service reports.
- Open and close repair orders as required.
- Assist in training apprentice mechanics in the trade.
- Work scheduled on call shifts to provide repair service for customer trucks that require repairs after normal business hours.
- Attend additional training, online, provincially, nationally and in the US as required.
- Maintain personal and company tooling to get the job gone.
- Utilise department chain of command (service writer, service administrator, lead hand, foreman, service manager, service director) when managing their job duties and solving problems.
RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED
- Be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend to ensure effective communication with employees and customers.
- General computer and software diagnostics skills.
- The ability to withstand work related deadlines and pressures.
- Must be able to sit, kneel, lift, walk, lay, and carry for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Own Toolbox and tools required
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma
- 3rd Year Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate or interprovincial equivalent
- 3rd Year Apprentice Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate or interprovincial equivalent
- Class 1, 3, or 5 driver's license without any previous suspensions.
- Able to travel to the US for technical training
OUR BENEFITS ROCK!
When working at GreatWest Kenworth Ltd., employees are offered a comfortable, clean, and supportive environment, with opportunities for growth and advancement. Competitive wages are matched with a comprehensive, up to date employee benefits program that caters to the needs of staff and their families. Some of the benefits are:
- Private Health Care Services
- Life Insurance and AD&D, Dependent Life
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness Coverage
- Up to $2640 in a Health Spending Account or Personal Development Account
- Health Plan, Dental Plan, & Prescription Drug Coverage
- Up To $400 Boot and Tool Allowance
- RRSPs and TFSA
- 3 weeks’ vacation after 3 years, 5 Paid Sick Days, Flex Days
Copy and paste link into browser to learn more about our benefits:
OUR STANDARD RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Copy and paste link into browser to learn about tips for submitting your resume and on our recruitment process:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $32.00 /hour
- 2nd Year HET Apprentice (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)