First Canadian Financial Group is an industry leader and national supplier of creditor group insurance, mechanical breakdown plans, aftermarket appearance protection, anti-theft protection, road hazard tire and rim protection products to automotive, RV, marine, and power sports dealers. We also offer more traditional insurance product offerings including employee group benefits and term life insurance. We market, underwrite, administer, and provide professional product and sales training for all of our programs. Celebrating more than 30 years as a privately chartered insurance company with over 250 employees nationally, our value proposition is to provide quality products and industry leading best practices to develop and grow the financial services departments of the dealerships that offer our programs. Our commitment is to maintain the highest level of professionalism and ethics. We are an A.M. Best rated company which is a global credit rating organization focused on the insurance industry and indicates that we are recognized for our financial stability and sustainability.
This is a temporary position for maternity coverage. The Dealer Support position is a primary point of customer service and assistance for our authorized automotive dealers and customers nationwide. This position is located in Sherwood Park, Alberta. We also work closely with Account Managers and field staff across the country as they provide support, assistance and training to our dealers. Our support team is dedicated to providing an exceptionally high level of customer service at all times. The team prides itself on maintaining effective resources and references to aid us in providing the appropriate information to customers, policyholders, dealership staff and field staff as quickly as possible. We consider ourselves the central hub of the First Canadian Financial Group, maintaining a high level of knowledge of every product offered by our dealers as well as the internal processes handled by our head office teams. We are also involved in the development of exciting new resources and applications in our online resource center. We are a small and closely connected team with individual areas of expertise and we enjoy working together to support each other in achieving excellence.
Hours of Work: 9:00am - 6:00pm (Monday to Friday plus a rotational Saturday)
- Respond to automotive dealer and customer inquiries via phone and email (from general product inquiries to those requiring in-depth knowledge of our products and applications in our online resource center).
- Complete various underwriting duties such as creating and processing exceptions, waivers, and transfers of coverage for credit insurance policies.
- Assist our automotive dealers in obtaining and renewing restricted agent’s licenses specific to provincial requirements.
- Assist with ongoing development in our online resource center (includes testing new developments, troubleshooting issues as they may arise).
- Create dealer files in our software and maintain them as changes occur.
- Prepare dealer agreements as well as collect and process legal documents.
- Assist dealers in utilizing the many resources we provide, completing certificates, balancing finance and lease deals, and completing online training courses.
- Help to develop a variety of reports for both internal and external use, and provide support to those looking to interpret them.
- Customer service (technical support service an asset).
- Office administration with strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong written and communication abilities in both French and English.
- Problem solving / analytical thinking / resourceful.
- Organization & time management.
- Ability to multi-task and manage evolving priorities.
- Ability to embrace, adapt and implement change.
- Focused and a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional team player with a willingness to be collaborative, learn and receive feedback.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma preferred, but not required (most suited areas of study would be business, business administration, communication & language).
At First Canadian Financial Group, we pride ourselves on being family oriented and socially responsible. We offer developmental opportunities for employees that demonstrate exceptional skill, a positive attitude, proficiency, loyalty and commitment. We have a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, an RRSP Plan with a matching Deferred Profit Sharing Plan and corporate discounts. We believe in our employees and their contribution to our success so, in addition to vacation, we also provide an Earned-Time-Off program. It is our pleasure to reward our teams with other special events such as a yearly flu shot clinic.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- telephone customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administration: 1 year (Required)
- French (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)