Job Fair – Part Time Frontline Staff
Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall, a charitable non-profit organization, owns and operates two of Canada’s most iconic concert halls. Massey Hall, now part to the larger Allied Music Centre, is currently undergoing the most extensive renovation in its 126-year history and is scheduled to reopen in late 2021 with a rejuvenated auditorium, enhanced amenities for artists and patrons, and the addition of new performance venues. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in presenting performances in external venues and is rapidly expanding its Artist Development and Education & Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
When: Saturday, October 16, 2021
Time: 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Where: Roy Thomson Hall- Main Doors off Simcoe Street
Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall is hiring these frontline positions:
- Front of House – Ushers
- Food and Beverage - Bar and Concession
What we are looking for:
- Dedication to excellence and superior customer service
- Professional manner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Smart Serve certification
- Ability to stand/walk for 75% of shift (average shift is approximately 4 hours)
- Flexibility to work an average of 10 to 15 hours a week that would include day, evening, weekend and statutory holiday shifts
What we are offer to you:
- The ability to work within multiple departments and Halls
- Personal Emergency Leave (PEL Days)
- Pension Plan
- Milestone Recognition Program
What you need to bring:
- Your resume
- Smart Serve Certificate
- Proof of 2nd COVID-19 Vaccination (14 days from last dose)
What you need to complete prior to entering the building:
- You are required to complete the on-line COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entering the building. The information for completing the questionnaire and QR Code will be available at the entrance to Roy Thomson Hall. Paper copies of the questionnaire will be available from security for anyone having difficulty accessing the on-line questionnaire.
If we feel you have what it takes to join our team, be prepared for an initial screening interview that will happen onsite with Management Staff.
For more details, check us out at:
We welcome you to join us and learn more about the opportunities we have!
The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department. The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Application deadline: 2021-10-16
Expected start date: 2021-10-25
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $14.35 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All staff and employees are required to wear a mask/face covering. All surfaces are sanitized regularly.