Job title :
SUPPORT SERVICE SUPERVISOR
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.88 FTE)
Interior Health is hiring a Permanent Part Time Support Service Supervisor for the East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook. In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Support Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food, Housekeeping, and Laundry Service operations in the designated facilities. .
**Candidates must have a 2 year diploma in Food Service Supervision to qualify**
Hours of work:
Rotating schedule of day shifts that consist of: 07:30 to 14:45, 10:15 to 17:30. This position works 33 hours per week.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Support Services Supervisor include:
- Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
- In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
- Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
- Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
- Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
- Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
- Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
- Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
- Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
- Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
Mountains of Opportunity! Cranbrook is situated in arguably the sunniest part of British Columbia. Nestled in a broad open valley located between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the older Purcell Mountains to the west, it offers a world-class golf destination, perfect conditions for outdoor activities, such as horse riding, hiking and biking or a relaxing afternoon boating on the lake. The winter brings great opportunities for alpine skiing or cross country skiing which starts right at the city limits. Snowmobiling is a popular activity with the locals and there is an almost limitless network of trails to discover and explore. Cranbrook is home to the main campus of the College of the Rockies. Forestry, mining, manufacturing, tourism, trade, service and transportation make up the economic backbone of the East Kootenay region.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
- One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Please upload a copy of your Food Service Supervision certificate and Food Safe certificate*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.