The successful candidate must reside in Yellowknife, NT.
Why work at the Coop?
- Comprehensive benefits plan (full-time only).
- Incremental wage increases after every 1040 hours (6 months) worked.
- Career development and training opportunities.
- An environment where employees are encouraged, appreciated, supported, and recognized.
In preparation for the launch of our online grocery delivery service, the Yellowknife Co-op is seeking a full-time Online Grocery Clerk to support the program. As an Online Grocery Clerk, you will play a vital role in ensuring a seamless online grocery shopping experience for our Members. You will be responsible for accurately and efficiently selecting and packing members’ orders based on their preferences. This role requires attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurately and efficiently fulfill member and customer orders by selecting and packing grocery items according to customer specifications;
- Inspect and ensure the quality and freshness of all products;
- Safely handle and package items, including fragile or perishable goods, to prevent damage or spoilage;
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, including shelves, bins, and storage areas;
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure timely order fulfillment and delivery;
- Provide excellent customer service by addressing any questions or concerns related to orders;
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines to maintain a safe working environment; and
- Ability to provide backup delivery assistance in the event that the delivery drivers are unavailable.
- Must hold a valid Class 5 driver's license and a clear drivers abstract.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with online shopping platforms.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, bend, stoop, and stand for extended periods.
- Flexibility to work on weekends, holidays, and evenings as per business requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You can view more about YK Direct Charge Co-op by visiting http://www.ykcoop.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yellowknife, NT X1A 3T3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person