We're looking for a talented, motivated and career minded 2nd Cook to work under our Sous Chef & Executive Chef here at the Kingfisher Restaurant.
The Kingfisher Restaurant at Halcyon Hot Springs Resort & Spa prides itself on producing exciting and delicious food from locally sourced ingredients.
We're looking for a dedicated person to turn a job into a career. If you have great attention to detail, can deliver beautiful plating & are willing to learn, get in touch with a resume.
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef & Sous Chef, responsibilities and job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Control waste and spoilage
- Ensure proper labeling, dating and storage of all items in the kitchen
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
- Handle guest allergy concerns with appropriate care and importance
- Work or be willing to learn all stations on the line
- Other duties as assigned
Must be dedicated, organised and have great communication skills.
Working well in a Team is a must!
We may have accommodation available if required.
Wage is based on experience.
Must be able to legally work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Nakusp, BC (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)